+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ohh delta is such a drama queen.
    its all about her all the time!!

i cant believe she turned that blind girls story in to being about her!!!

she is sooo annoying.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (17-04-2012),Janesmum123  (17-04-2012),Maybelline  (17-04-2012),Milly Molly Mandy  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Milktini, I like Delta too I actually think Seal is a little off the planet... I felt awful when he pressed the button for that male singer and then he basically went on and on about how crap he comes across visually so he had to choose someone else.

Joel is fun, but... can he sing??? He was in a teenybopper punk band!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll probably get slated for saying this... But am I the only one who thought the 'legally blind' girl was full of it when she said she doesn't know if anyone turned around??
    Even if she can't see, the chairs make big wooshing noises and the audience went crazy each time...

It is a shame though, because she is actually pretty amazing singer and will be labelled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    I'll probably get slated for saying this... But am I the only one who thought the 'legally blind' girl was full of it when she said she doesn't know if anyone turned around??
    Even if she can't see, the chairs make big wooshing noises and the audience went crazy each time...

It is a shame though, because she is actually pretty amazing singer and will be labelled.
    I didn't think so, pretty sure if she can't even walk on stage on her own she wouldn't see a chair turn around. I don't think people realise how loud your own voice and music is when singing - if the chairs 'whooshed' as you say, there's no chance she would've been able to hear it.

The audience going crazy doesn't really mean anything, they did that to some of the singers where nobody turned around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    To be fair Seal wasn't turned of by that guy visually - he just didn't like how he said 'Thank God that's over' at the end. I think he actually had a point - it was pretty unprofessional and did make him seem like he wasn't serious.

nando - I'm sure the blind girl was too busy singing to really notice the sound of the chairs whooshing and the crowd went crazy even for people who didn't get a chair turn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I really want to like Delta after all she's been through, with cancer at 18, but I must admit on this show she comes across as fake, self obsessed and I found myself cringing a lot. Actually I had that response with most of them. But then, I always tend to dislike the judges on these kind of shows.

I hate how they sit there making faces when the contestants are singing, acting like its the worst thing they've ever heard. Its rude and humiliating for the contestants. They might not see while they perform, but they sure will when they watch the tape later.

I wasn't going to watch but I turned on hoping to watch Big Bang Theory, got a surprise to find no Big Bang (I must live under a rock) and then got slightly hooked, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    To be fair Seal wasn't turned of by that guy visually - he just didn't like how he said 'Thank God that's over' at the end. I think he actually had a point - it was pretty unprofessional and did make him seem like he wasn't serious.

nando - I'm sure the blind girl was too busy singing to really notice the sound of the chairs whooshing and the crowd went crazy even for people who didn't get a chair turn.
    I remember him saying something about how someone comes across in person, I thought it was him but you're right - he didn't appreciate the 'thank god that's over' part. Don't blame him. I didn't actually like that guy at all - he can sing but came across as being very one dimensional and boring.

Now I can't even remember why I thought Seal was a meanie, that'll teach me for watching while in bed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seal has no music career he is just flogging of his 90s crap. Yellow nails, really?
    Delta, well what can I say if you want lessons in how to be up your own butt then choose her that's about as far as you will get. Way way way to much bronzer relax honey!
    Keith, yea he is ok I guess if you like soppy country stuff but hardly a pop icon to look up to.
    Joel is the best one out of all of them. Actually has a career in music and made it pretty big. He could have something to teach them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really annoyed me how the very first words the voiceover said about Chris Sebastian were "Guy Sebastian's brother..." They couldn't even introduce him by name or occupation or anything without first mentioning Guy and THEN mentioning him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    It really annoyed me how the very first words the voiceover said about Chris Sebastian were "Guy Sebastian's brother..." They couldn't even introduce him by name or occupation or anything without first mentioning Guy and THEN mentioning him.
    It was the same with 'the blind girl' (I honestly can't even remember her name). They kept on going on about how much it is about the voice etc but then all they kept on doing was labelling her as the blind girl! I thought she was singing fantastic and it got completely lost because it was all about her blindness and Delta's cancer, wth! Blind singers are really not SUCH a new thing, Andrea Bocelli, Steve Wonder etc.
    Chris Sebastian said he doesn't want to be just a brother and she said she doesn't just want to be the blind girl so the producers should have respected that and just seriously shut up about it!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky2006 For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (17-04-2012)