+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default AF after an ectopic

I'm sorry, I just don't know where to post this, so apologies if it's in the wrong spot.

We lost our baby in December due to an ectopic pregnancy. We had a really rough time, and I ended up rupturing and losing my tube in early January.

Since then my last 2 periods have been smack bang on 28 days (I was all over the place before losing my tube) but I'm currently 7 days late.

Is this normal? I thought after 2 "normal" cycles this looked good for us and meant everything was working ok. Has anyone else had this happen to them after losing a tube??

I don't want to think I'm pregnant. We did DTD while I was ovulating, but used protection (as we were told not to try for 6 months after the ectopic) but there is a small part of me that thinks I could be, that we're than tiny % that condoms failed for!

I guess I'm just wondering how people's cycles returned after they lost a tube.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Anja,

I had an ectopic Septemeber last year, I also ruptured and had surgery to remove my tube. AF was always like clockwork for me, my first period after AF took 30days, then is slipped back to a 28 day cycle for the following 5months, until I fell pregnant. It's hard to say, but after 2 28day cycles and now being 7 days late you could test as it should come up + by now if you are pregnant, but if your period wad irregular beforehand maybe AF is just playing tricks again? Perhaps just book into your GP and ask their opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply I haven't tested yet as I don't want to be disappointed and I'm almost certain I will be (yet there is that hopeful bit of me that's hoping we're some freak miracle case who fell pregnant lol).

Ill test today then go see my GP after. I'm worried that if my cycles are all over the place again it'll make falling pregnant when we start trying a lot harder but we'll just have to wait and see I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,

I had an ectopic in November, and had my left tube removed. I had two periods (Dec, January) 27 & 28 days and am now 11 weeks pregnant. We were told (as I only had surgery, I didnt need any of the other drugs that are injected) that we could try after 2 cycles, which we did and fell pregnant first month trying

So for me, my body came back into sync quite well..I would test...