Closed Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    seriously though...

how much tax does everyone pay and how much is housing?

what you actually pay is so tiny...plus even if you work, you still cost the country...
    Your tax might be what covers you if your spouse/partner dies..
    or you become paralysed..

will that make you a freeloader?
    what if your partner leaves you...

what is your plan..as anyone can end up a single parent its not a select group.

You could earn loads and have a lovely house and touch no drugs and one day it could be all gone...

I have a friend whose husband was on about 350k a year.
    He lost his banking job.

they are living in a rental property and trying desperately to get another job. Its been 2 years.

Their savings are almost gone and she is earning $40k.

BIG BIG FALL.
    Unfortunately, Mother of Beryl, some people refuse to see outside of their own privileged set of circumstances to see the hardship that others endure.

Its the classic "It will never happen to me" mindset.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Benji  (16-04-2012),Deserama  (17-04-2012),ItWasntMe  (16-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (17-04-2012),SassyMummy  (16-04-2012),trishalishous  (16-04-2012),Witwicky  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just kick her down the hole. SPARTA STYLE

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (16-04-2012),delirium  (16-04-2012),ItWasntMe  (16-04-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh the hilarity.

Those lazy poor people on welfare...

Wasn't there a suggestion of rounding us up and putting us into work houses recently? I'm surprised that wasn't on the list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Umm...am I the only one who thinks that by cutting off benefits to the minority who abuse the system won't actually inspire them to turn their lives around and become hard working tax payers if they have reduced rights? As if.

Pretty sure it's a sucky idea and welfare system abusers will turn to crime and further neglect their kids.

And then the people who really need the system will be left in poverty. Beautiful.

I find the post moronic, and would probably delete the person, as IMO anyone who believes and support that drivel has tunnel vision..and is also moronic.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (16-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (17-04-2012),MissMuppet  (16-04-2012),trishalishous  (16-04-2012),Witwicky  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Wouldnt it be lovely if the world worked like that. Next time your free I would be happy to meet you and we can go for a drive to the poorest suburbs. You can talk to people there and see why they are the way they are. How is it their fault? They where only children born into poverty, drug addiction and alcohol abuse. They dont see much hope. They go to schools that are so disadvantage it begs belief. They are raised in households where they are lucky if they get toast. Where being in gangs is the only comfort they will ever feel. It's the cycle of abuse.
    Cutting payments will mean children will go without completely. These people see no hope for the future. Instead of treating them like scum which we all love doing to make ourselves feel better we should help them. Set up support services, get them into education. Give them hope, make them feel like they matter too.
    Break the cycle don't put them down but lift them up.

No one dreams of benefits. It's not a life of luxury.
    As I said I lived in those suburbs and saw that life first hand. My ex hubby was one of those dole sucking people who used it to feed drug habits. Along with their mates who would get ADHD meds for their kids just to sell them for more drugs.

It was me who decided my kids were worth more than that and I worked my **** off to get that for them!!! So yes I have done my time and have the "right" to voice my thoughts on those who abuse the system.

The whole point the original post is trying to make is, by putting in these extra checks and balances those who honestly deserve help get it. Those who waste the money ment to support them will have the money managed for them. They will be housed and have " food stamps" etc supplied so it can't go on drugs and booze so the kids are supported. It would also mean child support agencies like DOCS could have a track record of the family situation with drug tests etc.

If something doesn't happen soon it will become just as bad here as it has in America.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lib77 For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (16-04-2012),starla  (16-04-2012),SuperGranny  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Umm...am I the only one who thinks that by cutting off benefits to the minority who abuse the system won't actually inspire them to turn their lives around and become hard working tax payers if they have reduced rights? As if.

Pretty sure it's a sucky idea and welfare system abusers will turn to crime and further neglect their kids.

And then the people who really need the system will be left in poverty. Beautiful.

I find the post moronic, and would probably delete the person, as IMO anyone who believes and support that drivel has tunnel vision..and is also moronic.
    Nope, definitely not the only one, I agree with you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (16-04-2012)

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't agree with everything in that post. But I do agree the welfare system needs a complete overhaul.

I do believe welfare should be given out in the form of food stamps, rent cheques, clothes vouchers, electricity/gas cheques etc & therefore payable to the companies welfare clients have accounts with, SOLEY so that low lives can not sit at home smoking & drinking their payments up the wall while their children go unfed, unclothed & uneducated.

I don't agree with taking their right to vote away.

& I do think if they want 'money' to save, or 'luxuries' then they should get 'a job' of somesort.

Australia has one of the best proforming economies ATM, most people should be able to find A job of SOME sort to finance the extras they may want.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewTheEmu For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How arrogant it is when the middle class think they fund all these things.

15. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (16-04-2012),Alexander Beetle  (16-04-2012),Benji  (16-04-2012),Busy-Bee  (16-04-2012),CazHazKidz  (17-04-2012),delirium  (16-04-2012),Deserama  (17-04-2012),GreenMama  (17-04-2012),Ishtyban  (16-04-2012),Jakois  (16-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (17-04-2012),MissMuppet  (16-04-2012),naebie  (18-04-2012),SassyMummy  (16-04-2012),Shoopuf  (17-04-2012),Sindrii  (16-04-2012),sockstealingpoltergeist  (16-04-2012),trishalishous  (16-04-2012),Witwicky  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really don't think we're anything like America (thank goodness) and can't see us ever ending up quite that bad as our systems (political and social) are different in some important ways.

I think the cut and paste rant is ignorant and offensive (surely no one could possibly agree with the bit about removing the right to vote???) and unless it was someone important to me, I'd be deleting the friend from fb. If it was someone important (close friend or family) I'd be having a discussion with them for sure. Not over facebook. It would probably be done over dinner next time I saw them, along the lines of 'what on earth were you thinking posting that American cut and paste job rant...'

Though I wouldn't be able to stop myself posting my disagreement with the sentiments expressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How will that help.

It says, we do not think you are smart enough so we are going to Nanny you.

That will lead to lower self esteem , more severe depression, hopelessness and a whole new class of society.

I went and saw Hunger Games last night and I walked out thinking Thank God we dont live like that..

But it seems it aint that unrealistic.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (16-04-2012),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (17-04-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast