Closed Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Does this mean I have to sell my TV? Damn

Don't even get me started on why I shouldn't have internet.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Very sad to read.

Why is it assumed that people who recieve welfare dont give a **** where it comes from?

I guess im considered a burden on society for recieving carers pension as i am a full time carer to my two sons with autism. Shame on me? Should be out there working while they are asleep at night if i dare want to buy them an xbox!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (16-04-2012),HugsBunny  (17-04-2012),trishalishous  (16-04-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm disgusted by it.

I'm even more disgusted that more than one person in this thread agrees with parts of it.

I wouldn't hesitate to delete, but I wouldn't be able to resist saying something first

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think the welfare/benefits system is quite different in the USA (where this post quite obviously originates from), so it's kind of moot discussing it here in Australia, and reposting such a stupid status. Our government assists all sorts of people, from the unemployed, the sick, parents, working people etc. etc. I'm so glad I live in Australia and not the USA, we are lucky that our government helps us in times of need.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (16-04-2012),Ana Gram  (16-04-2012),Benji  (16-04-2012),Deserama  (17-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (17-04-2012),MissMuppet  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    Does this mean I have to sell my TV? Damn

Don't even get me started on why I shouldn't have internet.
    You have a TV??? Why, you are a classic example of those that take advantage of "the system".

Next you'll tell me that you buy fresh bread AND milk..... Sheesh....

J/K... How's it going Socksy?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find american statuses to be pointless when it comes to Australian situations. I'm so glad that most people don't think that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Wouldnt it be lovely if the world worked like that. Next time your free I would be happy to meet you and we can go for a drive to the poorest suburbs. You can talk to people there and see why they are the way they are. How is it their fault? They where only children born into poverty, drug addiction and alcohol abuse. They dont see much hope. They go to schools that are so disadvantage it begs belief. They are raised in households where they are lucky if they get toast. Where being in gangs is the only comfort they will ever feel. It's the cycle of abuse.
    Cutting payments will mean children will go without completely. These people see no hope for the future. Instead of treating them like scum which we all love doing to make ourselves feel better we should help them. Set up support services, get them into education. Give them hope, make them feel like they matter too.
    Break the cycle don't put them down but lift them up.

No one dreams of benefits. It's not a life of luxury.
    Welfare is a vicious cycle and it needs to stop, people need a way to get off and raise their kids to not think its the only way to live. The problem is that to break the cycle the government will have to be tough. Welfare is easy for some it's easier to collect a check than to get up everyday and go to work.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Welfare is a vicious cycle and it needs to stop, people need a way to get off and raise their kids to not think its the only way to live. The problem is that to break the cycle the government will have to be tough. Welfare is easy for some it's easier to collect a check than to get up everyday and go to work.
    Because being on welfare is really easy

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (16-04-2012),Deserama  (17-04-2012),HugsBunny  (17-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (17-04-2012),trishalishous  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, OP, this friend must feel so lucky to have all of the answers.
    Maybe they should take a moment to consider that the members of our community who are on some sort of welfare are not all from one mould. I doubt the answer is a one size fits all. Seems a little shortsighted to think that tarring them all with the same brush is the right path.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Oh that must be what I'm doing wrong.

Hang about guv'nor, I have a job, my daughter has a job and I'm still on welfare.

Bahh. Halp me.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

naebie  (18-04-2012),trishalishous  (16-04-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast