Closed Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Well....I think some of these ideas actually have merit.
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    Agree
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Agreed - I'm actually shocked that only one person has replied supporting this. Does no one here see the huge burden that these people who rely on welfare rather than getting a job place on our economy?

I do agree with the majority of this!
    Without wanting to be inflammatory, I'd love to know which bits you agree with her on....

I find her post to be a disgusting display of ignorance and arrogance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

naebie  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Agreed - I'm actually shocked that only one person has replied supporting this. Does no one here see the huge burden that these people who rely on welfare rather than getting a job place on our economy?I do agree with the majority of this!
    Every one in Australia relys on "welafre" in one way or another. Are we just talking about the visible people we see in the media when things like this are written? The ones who may have a lot of personal disadvantages, the very tiny percntge who receieve full benifits for a long time? Or are we talking almost everyone... like those on FTB etc? Or are we talking wealthy people who recieve "welfare" but we rename it "tax cuts or government funded business incentives...etc" Interesting.
    Last edited by sockstealingpoltergeist; 16-04-2012 at 20:58.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (17-04-2012),chameleon  (16-04-2012),Deserama  (17-04-2012),GothChick  (16-04-2012),Jakois  (16-04-2012),MissMuppet  (16-04-2012),Nicky2006  (16-04-2012),shelle65  (16-04-2012),trishalishous  (16-04-2012),Witwicky  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agreed - I'm actually shocked that only one person has replied supporting this. Does no one here see the huge burden that these people who rely on welfare rather than getting a job place on our economy?

Please do tell how much of a burden "these people" are. I'm dying to know!!

OP, I'd delete anyone that posted such filth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Yeah, so totally obvious that it's American
    Agree with this, I wouldn't even waste my time.

Look, there may be some valid points but I do think that she is naive to the situation of others and how they have come to the place in life they are in.

You can't honestly judge someone until you have walked in their shoes.
    Last edited by MumDadBoyandGirl; 16-04-2012 at 21:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Vote her off the island.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (16-04-2012),Jakois  (16-04-2012),Luna Lovegood  (16-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (17-04-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (17-04-2012),MissMuppet  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonky Donkey View Post
    Vote her off the island.
    Haha!!! You are the weakest link, good bye!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

Jakois  (16-04-2012),Luna Lovegood  (16-04-2012),MissMuppet  (16-04-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    Agree
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Well....I think some of these ideas actually have merit.

Our social security system is not and should not be structured to remove the dignity and autonomy of people who receive benefits. the assumption that all *welfare recipients* are bludgers, prioritise alcohol and cigarettes above food and rent is perpetuated by trash media such as Today Tonight and breeds an ugly class-divide, which puts everyone in the pile marked *underclass*.The factors which cause people to be in receipt of payments are many and varied, and not everyone has control of their circumstances.

Consider this...should a woman who had to leave school early to earn an income because she could not live at home any longer because of abuse, had children at a young age to a partner who was physically and emotionally abusive, limiting her capacity to earn but gets out of this unsafe relationship with the help of the safetynet provided by social security be further stripped of her rights by no longer being able to use real milk, to vote for the government which will be enable her children to have a good future, or to eat high quality foods???? Really?????

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

akakura  (16-04-2012),chameleon  (16-04-2012),Deserama  (17-04-2012),HugsBunny  (17-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (17-04-2012),MissMuppet  (16-04-2012),MsTruth  (16-04-2012),naebie  (18-04-2012),sockstealingpoltergeist  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lib77 View Post
    As raw as it is, I think she is on the right track and no I'm not a young ignorant know nothing.

I have been unemployed and seen the drugged up low life side of others. I also worked my butt off to give my kids a better life and ensure they know nothing in life comes free.

Now we are not talking about everyone who gets a government handout but those that really don't give a ****e about where the money comes from to start with.

I for one would rather have my hard earned tax dollars spent on those things like education and healthcare where society does benefit rather than go to some bum who just wants a hand out for the next fix shacked up in their government housing that they trash anyway.

yes I have a full time job and funny enough have my house inspected by defence. And know from experience those that cry "violated rights" the most are those that never worked a day in their lives and expect everything handed to them or it's discrimination of some form!!

These people whinge about having to fill out a form every two weeks just to get free money due to its inconvenience on their lives. Guess no thought goes to those fighting over seas for these freedoms they take for granted!!

More people need to cut the political correctness BS and realise a hand out is not a "right" it's suppose to be there to help people help themselves!! not see hard working tax payers (which I'm guessing would include most people on here and their partners) support others to keep their society sucking habits while our future generations (kids) have to go without proper health care and education.

Is it really that bad to expect them to prove they are worth our hard eared tax dollars. And if not how about you hand over your next pay check to them with no reservations on what they might do with it!
    Wouldnt it be lovely if the world worked like that. Next time your free I would be happy to meet you and we can go for a drive to the poorest suburbs. You can talk to people there and see why they are the way they are. How is it their fault? They where only children born into poverty, drug addiction and alcohol abuse. They dont see much hope. They go to schools that are so disadvantage it begs belief. They are raised in households where they are lucky if they get toast. Where being in gangs is the only comfort they will ever feel. It's the cycle of abuse.
    Cutting payments will mean children will go without completely. These people see no hope for the future. Instead of treating them like scum which we all love doing to make ourselves feel better we should help them. Set up support services, get them into education. Give them hope, make them feel like they matter too.
    Break the cycle don't put them down but lift them up.

No one dreams of benefits. It's not a life of luxury.
    Last edited by Janesmum123; 16-04-2012 at 21:06.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (17-04-2012),LotusMum  (17-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (17-04-2012),Mod-Degrassi  (17-04-2012),onionskin  (16-04-2012),trishalishous  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would tell them that they are a knob

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got that in an e-mail I think a lot of it is good and much needed in America where it came from