Closed Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm super confused.. OP why did you start this thread and what sort of responses did you expect?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The status was pretty controversial, it's going to illicit strong responses. What's to be supportive about? I honestly don't understand why this thread was started if it wasn't to get opinions.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

GothChick  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It doesn't mention people who abuse the system at all in the OP, it also clearly mentions those who live in govt housing.

This is so weird.... you asked for a way to reply to the update, we responded. But now apparantly we've done the wrong thing because we don't agree... which you seemingly didn't in the beginning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well of course it's going to get nasty. The quote was nasty what did you think people where going to say.
    As for people who agreed with it, that's fine everyone is entitled to an opinion. Just don't expect people to pat you on the back for it.
    If you can dish it out learnt to take it.
    It's not high school it's life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To answer your question
    Your friend clearly copy pasted something that she *thought* would make her seem deep and meaningful and very smart however it made her (and whatever half brained idiot coined this statement) seem like an arrogant, ignorant twit who has lived a very lucky life,

Frankly if my friend said something like this I would tell them to shut the **** up and go spout their ignorant bull**** elsewhere and if their sh!t continued yes I would defriend them,

Why shouldn't someone be allowed to work their budget to save up and buy that t.v etc?

If they are taking care of their kids etc and paying bills etc as well does this not show that they are learning and showing money management skills and budgeting skills?

Frankly there is NO blanket approach to welfare and if your friend thinks there is she is either very sheltered or a complete ****ing moron.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Last edited by GuestMember; 17-04-2012 at 12:58.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

share a book  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know...how about you tell us how you'd like us to respond! Would that suit you better perhaps?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (17-04-2012),share a book  (17-04-2012),shelle65  (17-04-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a staggering policy mind that young lady has. What a nuanced grasp of social theory, and a sophisticated understanding of the outcomes of her proposals. She clearly understands in the most detailed way how the economy, social assistance, and public policy work, not to mention the complex interplay between them. Her ability to synthesize history, civil liberties and social drivers is brilliant. Her critique is startling in its forward-thinking vision.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of humour and I'm using it because that was the lowest form of informed, considered social commentary.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrsRB For This Useful Post:

bookwormmum  (17-04-2012),CazHazKidz  (17-04-2012),MissMuppet  (17-04-2012),share a book  (17-04-2012),shelle65  (17-04-2012),sockstealingpoltergeist  (17-04-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (17-04-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsRB View Post
    What a staggering policy mind that young lady has. What a nuanced grasp of social theory, and a sophisticated understanding of the outcomes of her proposals. She clearly understands in the most detailed way how the economy, social assistance, and public policy work, not to mention the complex interplay between them. Her ability to synthesize history, civil liberties and social drivers is brilliant. Her critique is startling in its forward-thinking vision.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of humour and I'm using it because that was the lowest form of informed, considered social commentary.
    on my phone so cant thank, but that is the best comment ive read in ages!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsRB View Post

I think you just became my new bubhub crush

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really annoys me that people repost / mass mail all sorts of garbage. Quit clogging up my news feed with sh!t.

I still recommend to kick Em down the hole.

Sparta!!!!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (17-04-2012),Ana Gram  (17-04-2012)