Closed Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonky Donkey View Post
    Don't forget the 300 people from one company that were made redundant in Melbourne yesterday.
    Slackers. I haven't been made redundant - why can't everyone? I bet they think that they can just come and take my tax money. I know that I personally fund these slackers dole payments, they should kiss my feet dammit and be thankful.

What next?

People think they can STUDY while WE have to pay for it? We don't need doctors and teachers - we need TAXPAYERS and NOW. Get a job working behind a checkout ya bums. We all know that taxpayers are the most important and holy people in this country. Why would people want to study... silly people.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (17-04-2012),Ana Gram  (17-04-2012),share a book  (17-04-2012),shelle65  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Benji, people want to study so they can earn lots of money, then talk down to people who take their tax money!

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got something like this via a work email from a customer of who I work for! This person worked for a well known Australian company. I was shocked to have received it. Regardless of my personal views I found the sort of mass mail out inappropriate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aww, Benji - at least three times a day I wish there was a "double thanks" button just for you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i just dont get the whole study thing..

why would anyone want to study when welfare is
    such a free ride...why put yourself through all that effort?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (17-04-2012),Benji  (17-04-2012),ItWasntMe  (17-04-2012),jade24  (17-04-2012),share a book  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm pretty shocked by the amount of people who don't realise how privelidged they are to have a job.

"I deserve what I've got coz I worked my *** off" - that may be the case, but you're still bloody lucky to have that option.

I personally have worked my *** off in the past. 60 hour weeks for a number of years. These days, I work a 3 day week, in a government job and I certainly don't work my *** off. I sit on my ***. In fact I'm at work now. I work much harder when I'm at home with my babies! Much rather be there too.. but none the less I feel LUCKY to have this job, because without it, I'd be in struggle town.

I suck at getting jobs. I'm shy, I'm not overly intelligent, I'm not witty or fun. All the things that get you chosen at a job interview are the things I don't have. Only reason I got this job was it was very poorly advertised, and I was the only one who applied. Thank christ for that!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

share a book  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    Agree
    Yeah I agree with some of it too... Not all but some

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I find some of the responses here just, well, unbelievable!

The way I see it there ARE welfare cheats out there, they come for all walks of life. To think that the author of the quote was referring to every single person on welfare is so idiotic it makes me wonder about the underlying guilt of some of the members of the hub in their own use of benefits. If you have nothing to be offended about then it shouldn't worry you what other people think.

I would really like to know out of all the people who responded expressing their disgust, how many of you are on welfare? Not being insulting just generally curious.

FWIW, I would never defriend some one because of a differing opinion. How boring would my life be if I only ever befriended, or remained friends with people who share every single opinion I do, not to mention lonely.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SarahTamar For This Useful Post:

Honeymoonbub  (17-04-2012),insanity  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People who agree with it only fuel the hatred. Why are people like me, and others in the same position, seen as lesser humans than others? People don't deserve basic human rights? What do you define as welfare? CCR, PPL/BB, FHOG, FTB, Rent Assistance, Carer Allowance, CCB? Or is it only Newstart, Youth Allowance, Parenting Payment, Disability Support Payment, Carer's Payment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahTamar View Post
    Wow, I find some of the responses here just, well, unbelievable!

The way I see it there ARE welfare cheats out there, they come for all walks of life. To think that the author of the quote was referring to every single person on welfare is so idiotic it makes me wonder about the underlying guilt of some of the members of the hub in their own use of benefits. If you have nothing to be offended about then it shouldn't worry you what other people think.

I would really like to know out of all the people who responded expressing their disgust, how many of you are on welfare? Not being insulting just generally curious.

FWIW, I would never defriend some one because of a differing opinion. How boring would my life be if I only ever befriended, or remained friends with people who share every single opinion I do, not to mention lonely.
    I defriend people who think they are superior beings. There were racist copy/paste statuses around for a while. I defriended people who felt racism was acceptable. Someone wrote once they would like to see it legal to shoot kangaroos, mormons and aboriginals on sight. Sorry, differing opinion is one thing, inciting hatred is another.