Closed Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Personally? Im glad to contribute to the upkeep of this country. It's a wonderful place to live, with great ideals. I want to know that other Australians are receiving the support they need. And I'd rather government payments be obtainable by anyone than have people in need miss out because of keeping score mentality.

I was brought up believing this country shared it's wealth with everyone, and that's one of the things that makes me proud to be Australian.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

delirium  (17-04-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (17-04-2012)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Personally? Im glad to contribute to the upkeep of this country. It's a wonderful place to live, with great ideals. I want to know that other Australians are receiving the support they need. And I'd rather government payments be obtainable by anyone than have people in need miss out because of keeping score mentality.

I was brought up believing this country shared it's wealth with everyone, and that's one of the things that makes me proud to be Australian.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (17-04-2012),sockstealingpoltergeist  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    SAB, I am waiting to see what the termite damage to my house is. They sprayed about 3wks ago and there is alot they have to repair. I need new walls etc as they have gone right through the kitchen, loungeroom and coops room i can see damage. Not sure about the rest of the house but i can be waiting months for it to be fixed. Things dont magically get fixed in housing like some think. I went a month without an oven at one point. That was fun for cooking.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub
    See, those same neighbours had that issue. Not only that, but most houses here have asbestos in them. After waiting months and being put off and having housing cancel on them, they eventually had the termites exterminated themselves, no hope of re-imbursement, then had to get someone else in to see if the asbestos was also damaged. All this took roughly 2 weeks and they booked into a motel for that time because they had health concerns. 2 rooms per night for 2 weeks adds up, even in the cheapest of places, plus the cost of the exterminator, then the cost of someone to inspect the asbestos condition, they were out of pocket for it all.

On top of that, we all have to pay for utilities, at the very least power and water, whether we own or rent, even those in govt housing.

What I would like is for people to research before making stupid assumptions. No, ACA is not research. Facebook, BH or other such forums cannot count as research either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    SAB, I am waiting to see what the termite damage to my house is. They sprayed about 3wks ago and there is alot they have to repair. I need new walls etc as they have gone right through the kitchen, loungeroom and coops room i can see damage. Not sure about the rest of the house but i can be waiting months for it to be fixed. Things dont magically get fixed in housing like some think. I went a month without an oven at one point. That was fun for cooking.

See, those same neighbours had that issue. Not only that, but most houses here have asbestos in them. After waiting months and being put off and having housing cancel on them, they eventually had the termites exterminated themselves, no hope of re-imbursement, then had to get someone else in to see if the asbestos was also damaged. All this took roughly 2 weeks and they booked into a motel for that time because they had health concerns. 2 rooms per night for 2 weeks adds up, even in the cheapest of places, plus the cost of the exterminator, then the cost of someone to inspect the asbestos condition, they were out of pocket for it all.

On top of that, we all have to pay for utilities, at the very least power and water, whether we own or rent, even those in govt housing.

What I would like is for people to research before making stupid assumptions. No, ACA is not research. Facebook, BH or other such forums cannot count as research either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Wow Southey expect the tenants to keep the house spotless but then make you live like this? That needs to be changed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Those who agree with the facebook update mentioned in the original post - do you (or do you intend to) claim the baby bonus or family tax benefits?

Because if you do, I think you're a hypocrite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Those who agree with the facebook update mentioned in the original post - do you (or do you intend to) claim the baby bonus or family tax benefits?

Thats different because they work hard and pay taxes so why shouldn't they be entitled to some help. Not like those dole bluggers.
    They are honest hard working people and they deserve it.

Thanks
    Reviews

First Home Owners Grant, PBS medications...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Benji  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Thats different because they work hard and pay taxes so why shouldn't they be entitled to some help. Not like those dole bluggers.
    They are honest hard working people and they deserve it.
    Ohhhhhh how silly of me, of course. Almost like those silly people who get injured at work and have the audacity to slack off and go on workcover or, even worse, claim the disability pension

Don't even get me started on those lazy sods who think they can come and steal MY taxpayer dollars by being made redundant from work. Things like that only happen to BAD people. Not good families.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (17-04-2012),share a book  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhhhh how silly of me, of course. Almost like those silly people who get injured at work and have the audacity to slack off and go on workcover or, even worse, claim the disability pension

Don't even get me started on those lazy sods who think they can come and steal MY taxpayer dollars by being made redundant from work. Things like that only happen to BAD people. Not good families.
    Don't forget the 300 people from one company that were made redundant in Melbourne yesterday.