Closed Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    I am not agreeing with Lovemyfam's posts, just defending the comments she made about a 16 hour job in light of the responses she got.
    Fair enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntyamber View Post
    People like that should be made to do national service IMO

Ummm yep cause I rally want people standing beside my hubby when there being shot at that don't want to be there and have been forced into combat. Ummmmm NO

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fichicken For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (17-04-2012),Ana Gram  (17-04-2012),Janesmum123  (17-04-2012),MothersMilk  (17-04-2012),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (17-04-2012),SassyMummy  (17-04-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fichicken View Post
    Ummm yep cause I rally want people standing beside my hubby when there being shot at that don't want to be there and have been forced into combat. Ummmmm NO
    Worlds most dangerous idea.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (17-04-2012),MothersMilk  (17-04-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've deleted people for less so would not hesitate to delete this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We high income and we pay a lot of tax, alot of child care etc but you will never find us cheating the system, we lived defacto at 17 and only had benefit when dd came along (thats all we were entitled too) we went through a tough period when she was born and wouldve been living with parents.if it wasnt for CL so i am very grateful we had that benefit and dh didnt have to join the army between jobs and i didnt have to find a job while battling a sick baby and pnd. I am still greatful because dh job may not last forever and i have made some silly decisions that have put us in alot if debt. Which if he left/died i would need help paying off. So i will happily pay tax and to be honest, im glad my single/low income friends can have a nice life and dont have to struggle thats too having benefits. We dont need it all!! Why are those who DONT need.centrelink seem to be the greediest of them all???

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have time to read this whole thread but just wanted to respond to a couple of the posts that I did read.

I completely support welfare payments to those who are disabled or temporarily ill and can't work.
    I also am supportive of welfare as a VERY temporary means for survival but people should not see welfare payments as a choice if they don't wish to work.
    Those who are taking welfare because they choose not to work are taking money away from our hospitals and schools (I know, state vs Federal but just as an example). I know I'd much rather my mother get sufficient care in hospital than some lazy person being able to buy smokes and beer. I know this is a generalization but where I live, it's a reality for alot of people!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

All smiles  (17-04-2012),giggle berry  (17-04-2012),starla  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people in govt housing pay more than private rent/mortgage repayments. My neighbours have 8 kids between them, 6 together, his from his first marriage who lives with them ft, and one from a high school sweetheart who is now an adult and working pt. Between the payments they receive, the money he earns from work and the money his son earns, they pay market value of $290/week. There is no rent assistance with that. But in the words of my neighbour, she said "who would honestly rent to a black family with 6 kids?" Sad but true! That was before his eldest moved in, and before their youngest was born.

The only maintenance done is what they do after waiting too long for housing to fix stuff. During their last inspection, which was when we has all that rain, the grass was up to the top of the guy's boots. They were ordered to mow, then checked on a week later. They were told they had not cleaned it sufficiently, and were given a warning. The house was clean, just not show-room quality.

For me, I went back to work when dd was 1. She was 3 before we got a computer and internet, and 5 before we bought a secondhand, small analogue tv. We now have a small second hand digital tv, but no computer.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

sockstealingpoltergeist  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Let me reiterate for those who misread my comment. I was referring to people who bludge off the system not those who generally need it and the whole voting thing that it just stupid.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

JR03  (17-04-2012),starla  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Let me reiterate for those who misread my comment. I was referring to people who bludge off the system not those who generally need it and the whole voting thing that it just stupid.
    But how do you decide who is bludging and who is in need? People on Newstart now have to "earn or learn" when younger, and apart from certain payments like Carer's Payment or Age Pension or Disability Payment, people with no kids, or kids no younger than 6, have activity agreements, unless they are exempt but there needs to be a valid reason for being exempt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    SAB, I am waiting to see what the termite damage to my house is. They sprayed about 3wks ago and there is alot they have to repair. I need new walls etc as they have gone right through the kitchen, loungeroom and coops room i can see damage. Not sure about the rest of the house but i can be waiting months for it to be fixed. Things dont magically get fixed in housing like some think. I went a month without an oven at one point. That was fun for cooking.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub