+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My MIL may give some people the heebie jeebies, but she also gave her grandbabies optimal nutrition and made it so her daughter could return to work. She was about 34-40 at the time, just to eliminate the visual of an 80yo granny.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (18-04-2012),Etienne  (18-04-2012),jacobsmamma  (18-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (18-04-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (18-04-2012),threechooks  (18-04-2012)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To answer the OP, my BFF's hubby was fed till 3. Share a book you said most people you know full term feed, is that a cultural thing? If so which culture? or do you just surround yourself with like minded people? I am just really interested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    haha yes I agree!! None of my friends really breastfed for long,so it was nice to have someone to chat to about it!!
    Gray still strokes my boobies and wants to hold them.I reckon if I offered him booby,he would jump at it (not that I bloody plan to!!!)
    Ive offered to see what jasper would say, he laughs and tells me boobies are for baby. But He 'helps' latch katelyn, he pats my boob when shes feeding, he tells me she wants boobies. Hes still very much a booby boy. Just in a different way.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (18-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (18-04-2012),TheseBoysMumma  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oooooh such a competition ladies

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    To answer the OP, my BFF's hubby was fed till 3. Share a book you said most people you know full term feed, is that a cultural thing? If so which culture? or do you just surround yourself with like minded people? I am just really interested
    most asian cultures feed full term at least.
    in mongolia if you want your son to be a wrestler they 'have' to feed till at least 6.
    one of dhs aunties commented that her dd bf until the girls were 3/4, and thats the norm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What makes it a competition? I just see it is a question about something the OP was curious about, and mostly relevant answers being given.

I don't care if someone bf til 6yo, I don't feel I've somehow come second or third or fourth place.. And nor do I feel like I win a prize if I outdo someone elses bfing history.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    It is about putting your child first, which I can appreciate is difficult for some.
    Sorry but I found this comment to be a rather blatant generalisation that those who don't BF to "term" or who maybe FF don't put their child first.
    I found this statement very offensive.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Chocolate All Gone Now  (18-04-2012),Mopoke  (19-04-2012),soon2bmumzy  (28-04-2012),VicPark  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can see how that would be upsetting, I've felt the same when I've had it implied that I'm not putting my kids first regarding other choices I've made, but I don't think that's what the PP meant here.
    I think the context is that this is the reason women may choose to breastfeed past 2 years, as opposed to being for the mothers benefit which was implied by another PP - meaning that the mother may actually be happy to discontinue, but she believes it's beneficial for her child, and so that's her reason for extended breastfeeding, not a selfish one.. If that makes sense?

We all love and care for our children, and put them first in many ways, but everybody's individual lives (and children) are different. I really think its just that no mother would really breastfeed for 5 years because they aren't thinking of their child I guess..

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindrii View Post
    I can see how that would be upsetting, I've felt the same when I've had it implied that I'm not putting my kids first regarding other choices I've made, but I don't think that's what the PP meant here.
    I think the context is that this is the reason women may choose to breastfeed past 2 years, as opposed to being for the mothers benefit which was implied by another PP - meaning that the mother may actually be happy to discontinue, but she believes it's beneficial for her child, and so that's her reason for extended breastfeeding, not a selfish one.. If that makes sense?

We all love and care for our children, and put them first in many ways, but everybody's individual lives (and children) are different. I really think its just that no mother would really breastfeed for 5 years because they aren't thinking of their child I guess..
    Thanks for wording what I have been trying to type for the last 10 min so well :handshake:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Sindrii  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Thanks for wording what I have been trying to type for the last 10 min so well :handshake:
    Yw and thankyou! It did take me a while to try and figure out what I was trying to say and in a way that made sense hehe