+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My older sis was 2.5,
    I plan on nursing Ds until at least two and then go from there,

He has cut back himself from 4-6 times at least per day to usually just 1-2 in the last few months so I do think he will ween soon.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    :-O I had no idea little ones could be bf for so long! Another amazing thing learned in bubhub!
    A child can nurse for either as long as mum and bub are happy OR until they loose their natural ability to latch.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know someone who fed up to 4, I'm feeding my nearly 3 year old.

The oldest person though was a man I met while in the Philippines (family of family etc) who was breastfeed until he was 9 and his mother used to come to the school at lunch time, whip her boob out at the window for a quick feed! Love this story as he's a really funny guy and him telling it is funny! This was way back in the 60's.

Sadly I was the only breastfeeding mother bar one that I saw in the provinces last time I was there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum breasted my brother until 4yrs and me until 3.5yrs. Apparently I told her that I didn't want it anymore and that's why she stopped. Mum's Filipino and it's common in the culture. My dad's Hungarian and was supportive of whatever decision re: breast feeding she made.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nomes83 For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prior to having my DS I always thought I would only BF while my child was a "baby", didn't think I'd be comfortable BF and older bub. I know we're still in early days but now I actually am BF I feel like I will continue as long as he wants to, whatever age that may be. Amazing how a new experience in life can open your mind and broaden horizons.
    To answer the OP question the oldest I know is in my ABA group - 6

7. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all!!!

My goal was to keep DS BF until 1 year. I used to think that BFing toddlers was uber strange!

Well, DS is now 1 and still on my boob as often as when he was was born. No intentions of stopping until he chooses (but hopefully it's before he's 7 LOL).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love this thread As far as I know 5 years is the oldest child I know personally, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone in my acquaintance who fed longer but just didn't talk about it. My oldest self weaned at three and a half, my son will probably go for longer than that, by the interest he shows lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Know personally? Id have to double check exactly how many months chels weaned her DS because her and I would be neck & neck. I think she may have fed longer because her DS is a month older and we weaned around the same time. So approx 37 months (jasper)

Sent from my X10i using BubHub
    Yup I weaned in December 2011. You are the only person I know IRL who fed as long as me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    Yup I weaned in December 2011. You are the only person I know IRL who fed as long as me
    I think you may have fed longer just by the fact your DS is a month older because im fairly certain I weaned before Christmas.

And the best thing was first time meeting you and you bf'ed your DS and he passed out on the grass. It was so cool to see a toddler same age as jasper doing exactly the same thing with still demand feeding a 2 year old, happily in public.

Then also having someone a year later to share the "joys" of weaning very determined booby boys. It was great to have someone who understood. Not just like my family telling me im the mum I just need to put my foot down and say no. Mmmkay... Cos that'll work. I literally put bandaids over my nipples so he couldnt sneak a feed while I was asleep. He STILL tries to latch in his sleep. Lol.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 17-04-2012 at 19:56.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    haha yes I agree!! None of my friends really breastfed for long,so it was nice to have someone to chat to about it!!
    Gray still strokes my boobies and wants to hold them.I reckon if I offered him booby,he would jump at it (not that I bloody plan to!!!)