+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    What constitutes a 'good parent' is subjective. Most parents think they are a good parent, in my experience and what they are doing is right.
    ^^ Agree! I'm a teacher and boy does everyone think they're putting their kids interests first...
    Just like everyone in prison is "innocent" - Shawshank redemption

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    Um she never said that at all!?!?
    Nothing competitive about it,just IRL friends sharing a weaning story.
    Naw don't lie Chels, you totally had G a month earlier than J (even though you didn't know Boobycino then) just so when you weaned together you could brag about beating her. It was all planned.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (18-04-2012),Benji  (19-04-2012),captainscaptain  (19-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I see how you may have misconstued the comment but I disagree that all parents make decisions in their childs best interest. Everyday there are parents making decisions not in their childs best interest purely because they didn't want to or don't like it or even just plain uninformed.

In the example you have given there is no reason why a mother needs to give up breastfeeding to return to work, unless it is a young baby. Most extended breastfeeders will tell you that their child only feeds once or twice a day.
    Yes, DS only fed once a day in the end, and not at all when he went to his Dad's each weekend. Really wasn't a huge big deal, but I was happy to wean and end that phase. I could have worked a 60 hour work week and still breastfed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I can still win this. Unless chels has another baby I can just breast feed katelyn for 38 months. Problem solved.
    Do it Chels, I need ongoing baby snuggles to fill my baby gap and Katelyn's not going to be a squishy newborn forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Do it Chels, I need ongoing baby snuggles to fill my baby gap and Katelyn's not going to be a squishy newborn forever.
    Shes barely a squishy newborn now! While I cant wait for the sleep thing to kick back in I need to freeze time.

I need to how to make her a bonzai baby!

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Shes barely a squishy newborn now! While I cant wait for the sleep thing to kick back in I need to freeze time.

I need to how to make her a bonzai baby!

Sent from my X10i using BubHub
    This makes me ridiculously sad.

Bonsai baby sounds like a plan.

CakeyLoaf needs to have another, I need to fulfill my newborn squishy snuggle needs before I start thinking number 3 before I'm ready is a good idea.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I do understand the comment completely, I'm making the point that extended BFing isn't always the best thing for the kid, sometimes a parent returning to work is the best thing as they won't end up homeless, weaning or not feeding to save their mental health can be the best thing as the child retains a stable/sane parents... As I said, too many variables, optimal nutrition isn't necessarily the most important thing a child needs. People approach feeding way too black and white.
    But it wasn't in response to a comparison of extended bfing vs not extended bfing, it was in response to an implication that a mothers motives for extended bfing are purely selfish, which is not the case.
    It's because, as with any other decision a parent may make, it's what they feel is best for the child.
    This doesn't automatically make not extended breastfeeding a selfish choice.
    Heck, after my daughter, my son weaned before he turned 2.
    Feeding until 4.5 was the best thing for my daughter, but feeding until 22 months was the best thing for my son..

Yes, I think my daughter got more benefits from being breastfed until 4.5, but this doesn't mean that I feel I cared less about my son because he weaned 2+ years earlier than she did..

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin fed her ds until he was 3. Her mum (my Aunty) fed a few of her kids until 4. I know a work mate who bf both her sons until they were 4 & 6 and have known many mums of the preschoolers I teach who continue until they are at least 5

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Yep I remember that....it actually made me feel a bit sad for the girls.I think the mother was doing it mostly for her own benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    Oh yeah. It was so creepy and gross.

I know kids lose their sucking reflex around 7 or 8 so that's as long as they can be fed for.
    I watched it too. I didn't get that feeling. I gathered it was mainly the girls who were demanding not the mum's desire iykwim

The doco was called from memory extended bf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm feeding a 20 mo. (not right this second, but probably in about 4 hours, 5 if I'm lucky, 6 if I'm REALLY lucky!) I don't personally know anyone who has fed a 20 mo so I guess the oldest bf person I know is my son. I'm getting quite a bit of pressure to stop, mainly from my mum.