Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ummm, a shark is a fish lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    You MIGHT be fine. Some rental places insist NO pets means NO pets, including anything locked up in a cage or tank.

My first rental, they went nuts over the fact that I had native fat-tailed dunnarts, despite the fact that they were in a large glass tank that was built into a timber cabinet, with two locks on the sliding door and no way to get out.
    We almost lost the house as they said we might let them out and let them chew things.
    I doubt the fish will get out and chew things. Pretty scary, the stuff horror movies are made from.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I doubt the fish will get out and chew things. Pretty scary, the stuff horror movies are made from.
    Fishtank knocked over means carpets spoiled with water damage.

There you go, expensive damage caused by fish.

Just because it isn't logical doesn't mean it won't be brought up or held against them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It once stipulated on a rental agreement that my fish "were in an aquarium at all times and not roaming the property." LOL! I laughed quite a bit at that... did they really think that needed stipulating?

I think the only time it might need to be approved is when it's a very large fishtank that could destroy the carpets/walls or whatever if it broke, or fish in an outdoor pond. I think of fish as decorations more than pets though.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

ChocMilk  (16-04-2012),chubbasmummy  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ours is a big 4ft salt water marine tank and our real estate agent hasn't said a word.
    Might just depend on your agent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Your *cough* fish sitting *cough.

Our last rental had a no pets policy, we asked of we could have our dogs after we moved it. PM said yes & never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    Ummm, a shark is a fish lol
    That's what I was thinking. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would think that technically "pets" includes fish, but the agent is unlikely to take issue with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    It once stipulated on a rental agreement that my fish "were in an aquarium at all times and not roaming the property." LOL! I laughed quite a bit at that... did they really think that needed stipulating?

I think the only time it might need to be approved is when it's a very large fishtank that could destroy the carpets/walls or whatever if it broke, or fish in an outdoor pond. I think of fish as decorations more than pets though.
    That made me laugh so loud that I woke up my daughter sleeping next to me (it was worth it). What a classic!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ChocMilk For This Useful Post:

chubbasmummy  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. They are obviously OK with pets - next door (same duplex, same agent and owner) have an indoor dog and our lease does say pets are allowed. I just realised I probably should have told them because RE's here can be very uptight, but I haven't had enough dealings with this agent to know yet. They seem OK.

It is a smallish rectangular tank on a sturdy stand and there are tiles - no carpet.

I was thinking of going the 'fish-sitting for my brother while he is overseas for 6 weeks' line if they said anything, and apologising for my oversight

Thanks again.