+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jealous !! Crashing this thread sorry piranhas 21.5 hrs and second was 22hrs ... Dreading my 3rd

Sent from my space ship

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M.2. View Post
    Jealous !! Crashing this thread sorry piranhas 21.5 hrs and second was 22hrs ... Dreading my 3rd

Sent from my space ship
    Piranhas????? Lol ment first

Sent from my space ship

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd 1 was 2.5 hrs from 1st contraction till she was born
    Ds was 1.5hrs and dd2 was about 2 hrs so yes in my experience they do get quicker!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First labour - water broke, intense contractions within 15 mins, started pushing after four hours. DS born roughly six hours after waters breaking.

Second labour - water broke, intense contractions straight away, DS born 20 mins after water broke

Both were equally as intense, but the second labour was easier (and not because of the duration...it was just easier).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first was 6 hours, I was induced but was already 3cms dilated. Second was just under 2 hours. Waters broke at 7.45pm, ds born at 9.36pm - no time for drugs!

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My first was 7 hours, second was 13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First was 9hrs second was 3hrs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceili View Post
    Hi all,

I am currently pregnant with my second baby. My first baby was born in under 3.5 hours (from first ever labour sensation - no Branxton Hicks or pre-labour) and the labour was very intense. It has been suggested to me by my care providers and others that this labour is likely (but obviously not guaranteed!) to be similar or faster in duration. I know that all labours and births are different, however I am just curious about other people's experiences.

So if you experienced a fast first labour, how did your second labour compare in length and intensity?

Thanks
    First labour, 4 hours 17 minutes from first contraction. Had had a hindwater leak and lost mucous plug earlier in the week, but had no contractions until the first one, which put me on the floor! Very intense, painful labour, 2nd degree tear.

Second labour, 4 hours 10 minutes from first contraction. Waters broke about an hour before contractions started, though had lost my mucous plug earlier in the day. Labour intense, though not as bad as first time. I was a lot more prepared and relaxed. Laboured and birthed babe in water, no tear and very relaxed at the end.

Third labour we are yet to see....my MW has told me 3rd labours can be unpredictable, though that i've had two rather speedy deliveries the trend seems to be that i just labour that way. We'll see, i really don't think i'd cope with a long labour as i'm so used to it being over with so fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS 5mo = 2 hours total labour from first inkling of contraction to delivery. It was HORRIBLE. No time for drug even though I was pleading for them. I kicked, screamed and panicked and didn't cope psychologically with baby coming so fast. The pain was intense.

I'm not certain I want a second due to how horrific the first delivery was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only have one but wanted to add...

He was 4.5 hours from waking up with first contraction to delivery. I didn't find it all that painful- could def go again. No drugs, 2nd degree tear. The most painful part was the stiching of the tear but only because the student midwife didn't put enough anestethic in!!! Grrr