+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default If you had a fast first labour, what was your second labour like?

Hi all,

I am currently pregnant with my second baby. My first baby was born in under 3.5 hours (from first ever labour sensation - no Branxton Hicks or pre-labour) and the labour was very intense. It has been suggested to me by my care providers and others that this labour is likely (but obviously not guaranteed!) to be similar or faster in duration. I know that all labours and births are different, however I am just curious about other people's experiences.

So if you experienced a fast first labour, how did your second labour compare in length and intensity?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didnt have a fast first labour as my bub was posterior but my second labour was only 20 mins from being in pain and 1:30 mins from feeling anything. My DD was so fast she was born on the toilet floor with only my DH there. Im curious to see what the next one will be like.

My sister had a 5 hour first labour and a 8 hour second labour but her second was induced at 38 weeks as it was twins so not sure if that made a difference

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've always heard that second labours are easier.

My first was an hour, start to finish. Certainly hope the second one is faster

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    First labour was 2hrs45min
    Second 4hrs

I was told to expect a super fast second labour and was warned to get to hospital asap - well obviously the second labour was longer. Second bub was posterior though, which i think held up the labour. It was a much more painful labour too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    First bub - just shy of 4 hours
    Second bub - just shy of 4 hours. First was slightly faster.
    Will find out in 6 weeks if the third is faster

Thanks
    Reviews
    First labour 2.5 hrs from first sign to baby out (no noticable braxton hicks or anything beforehand)

2nd labour was only half hour. Although i was induced with gel and this gave me 6 hrs of pre-labour before established labour was declared.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My first was 8 hours but I had my waters broken at the beginning, my second was 16 hours had my waters broken 4 min before he was born. Both posterior and they both turned during labor. My third labour was 8 hours and anterior waters broke as she was born.

They all hurt but I had gas for the first one. I wouldn't say any was more intense/painful then the other...IMO when it's sunny it's sunny!

Oh I had loads of pre labor with my first at my last Ob appointment I was 3cm, hardly any prelabour with the second and third time and no exams with either of them.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 16-04-2012 at 19:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first was 8 hours second was 2 1/2 hours
    In my exp they get faster

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first labour was just under 4 hours- no lead in time- just full blown contractions then a quiet period before pushing. My second labour was 3 hours- again- no lead in time- full blown contractions. The only reason my 2nd didn't arrive sooner was because my waters didn't break- once the Dr broke my waters, I pushed for about 3 minutes and he popped out

Thanks
    Reviews
    First labour was 6 hours from woe to go. second labour waters broke the night before but contractions started 3 hours before arrival. Third bub had weak irregular contractions for 10 hours but only one hour of actual labour, would've been quicker but the lip of my cervix wouldn't slip back.