+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tormy- I've got PCOS and Hashimoto's so fairly irregular cycles. Never longer than 34 days. When it's an annovulatory cycle AF usually starts CD 21 but never fresh blood and starts with 3 days old brown spotting.

TTC1- I'm always curious what makes PCOS mild. I'm not overweight (49kg) but pretty much have all other symptoms of PCOS. I haven't had prolactin levels checked. Leaving your job will help you get that BFP.
    I didn't have many symptoms but figured it was too early considering I'm only 6dpo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bluelips. From what to Dr says I don't have excessive amounts of cysts on my ovaries. I am also not overweight. Blood tests confirmed I did not ovulate 2 cycles ago.
    I am not sure if I will do clomid again and had a discussion with DH last night where we agreed not to do it again. I attended a brilliant interview yesterday for a job that I would enjoy and have been asked to meet the MD today. If I get the job most likely I won't do clomid again as the side effects may make getting settled into new job difficult.
    I am still not sure if I am UTD but it is too early to tell.
    I hope you don't have AF arriving...do you still think that is the case?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC1 View Post
    Hi Bluelips. From what to Dr says I don't have excessive amounts of cysts on my ovaries. I am also not overweight. Blood tests confirmed I did not ovulate 2 cycles ago.
    I am not sure if I will do clomid again and had a discussion with DH last night where we agreed not to do it again. I attended a brilliant interview yesterday for a job that I would enjoy and have been asked to meet the MD today. If I get the job most likely I won't do clomid again as the side effects may make getting settled into new job difficult.
    I am still not sure if I am UTD but it is too early to tell.
    I hope you don't have AF arriving...do you still think that is the case?
    Hi, have u tried taking clomid later in the arvo? this way the side effects should start just b4 bed time & hopefully settle down by the morning.
    Also pcos is cysts in the ovaries not on as its actually un-mature eggs that turn into cysts & thats why pcos ladies dont ovulate every month. I also have PCOS & am insulin resistant & have used clomid for bub #1 & #2 & now trying for #3 (last bub though unless i get twins ) my eldest turned 3 couple weeks ago .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your success. You must be very happy. And fx you get a 3rd.
    I have taken clomid at night and the hot flushes woke me up a few times but the dizziness was better.
    Will see how I go this cycle and perhaps get another blood test to see how everything sits and take it from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blue lips hope its implantation and not AF... Cld be if it's only 7dpo...?

You ladies obviously know a bit about pcos. I got our results last night, turns out DH is fine and I have pcos. I also had endo diagnosed last year and had lap almost 12mths ago. I don't know much about pcos so I'm keen to learn what I'm in for. I have an appt with my GP on Wednesday to discuss results and where to from here... Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear you have been hit from both sides with endo and pcos! I am sorry to hear that.
    I don't know much about it but I am sure your Dr can help more. There are alot of medications you can take to help you O and deal with any other hormone issues. Also having a healthy lifestyle is supposed to be a benefit.
    But I think you never know when can be your lucky month. I have a friend, that was told by a Dr she had pcos and wouldn't be able to have kids, fall pregnant (it was an unplanned pregnancy). She drank alot smoked heaps and was overweight but she did it! It was so wonderful for them.
    Hard to know what is the secret formula when you want it so much. Perhaps just heaps of BD is the key!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Blue lips hope its implantation and not AF... Cld be if it's only 7dpo...?

You ladies obviously know a bit about pcos. I got our results last night, turns out DH is fine and I have pcos. I also had endo diagnosed last year and had lap almost 12mths ago. I don't know much about pcos so I'm keen to learn what I'm in for. I have an appt with my GP on Wednesday to discuss results and where to from here... Any info would be appreciated!
    So after reading more, I think I misunderstood my results... She only said I had polycystic ovaries NOT polycystic ovary syndrome. Only reading about it tonight have I realised that they are not the same thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    big congratulations for all the BFP and fx for us left to test.
    Hugs for the bfn I feel your pain :0(

AFM: sorry been a bit MIA this month but trying to keep myself from going symptom crazy. So I'm currently cd27 FF said I O on cd22 ( have had blood test to confirm that I did O on that day) so I'm now 5dpo and hoping like crazy I can hold off till 31st may to test I'm just pretending that I have no test. I have given DH an early peg test kit to hide till the 31st hope I can hold off. As I have been trying for over a year & when I get the bfn I take about a week to get over it so this time I want to make sure I'm defiantly really late as this will make me cd 38 ( my cycles can go up to 40) and 16dpo. FX I get a sticky egg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybee baybee- I've always found the difference between PCO and PCOS a little confusing. Have you had blood work done ? My understanding is that PCOS is a multi system metabolic disease. It is related to an insensitivity to insulin. Because with PCOS you are less sensitive to insulin your body produces more insulin than normal. High levels of insulin cause your ovaries to produce higher levels of androgens like testosterone. This causes your hormones to be out of balance. When you have PCOS you have high FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and low LH (leutinizing hormone) which matures the egg. Therefore you get lots of immature cysts that are egg follicles which didn't mature and produce and egg.

So thats a simplified version and it is a more complex than that and involves other hormones. What I understand about PCO is that it is just the cysts on your ovaries and not the metabolic syndrome. So if you have normal hormone profile then you probably have PCO but I'm not really sure. I don't think PCOS is week understood. Like I'm thin so my gp thought I had PCO but I absolutely fit the hormone profile for PCOS.
    I hope that helps a little.

AFM : 9 DPO and all the spotting has stopped. I had a tiny bit of pale brown this mornings and none since it been yellow/clear since. Omg could this be it? Im not entirely positive I'm mostly expecting AF to arrive in a few days or even a week. I'm going to wait until the 25th to test and I hope AF stays away. Symptoms are full breasts and sensitive sense of smell.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

larazie  (20-05-2012),maybee baybee  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Im out for may as AF decided to show up yesterday on CD29 but at least i know i ovulated this cycle . I have always said i wanted a march baby so if i get preg this next cycle i'll be due early march but i really dont mind what month i have bubs in the end but it would be nice as there isnt any1 else in our Immediate family with a march bday..every other month is taken lol so thats the reason i want a march baby.
    So i will have to buy my next lot of clomid tomorrow or tuesday ready for wednesday to start & have to call my gno to let him know i got AF.

p.s is there a june thread yet does any1 know?

Last edited by larazie; 20-05-2012 at 21:03.