+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    To who? You? Coz the government don't seem to mind that I put my son in day care twice a week
    Well the government needs to get its act together then. I do not believe it should be standard practice to use taxpayers money to fund SAHMs to put their children in daycare. Citizens who work outside the home should not have money taken off them just so someone who doesnt work outside the home can give themselves a break. When do the workers get a break? Life's tough for everyone, we need to deal with it instead of expecting others to fund our 'breaks.'

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

CRCR  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Well regardless of semantics if you do not work outside the home and want to use government funds to put your child in daycare, you should have to provide some justification.
    No you shouldn't and like Thermolicious, the government don't seem to mind mine go 3 days a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well the government needs to get its act together then. I do not believe it should be standard practice to use taxpayers money to fund SAHMs to put their children in daycare. Citizens who work outside the home should not have money taken off them just so someone who doesnt work outside the home can give themselves a break. When do the workers get a break? Life's tough for everyone, we need to deal with it instead of expecting others to fund our 'breaks.'
    Completely 100% agree.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

dawnygirl  (24-06-2012),VicPark  (28-05-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wait I'll just check with my partner who pays 2/5 of his income in tax if he minds...no he doesn't mind

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

grumpysmurf  (28-05-2012),peanutmonkey  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I'm a SAHM currently, also partnered and my DD's go to preschool twice a week.

I couldn't give a toss whether you're employed/unemployed, partnered or single and using day care. It's nobody else's business why people use it.

Also as far as I'm aware it's beneficial in more ways than a parent just having a break. It creates necessary social skills for the children amongst other things they learn.
    What's wrong with your child being benefitted?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The point is not WHY you use day care.

The point is why does the government subsidize the use day care to those not working outside of the home.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

CRCR  (05-07-2012),VicPark  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    The point is not WHY you use day care.

The point is why does the government subsidize the use day care to those not working outside of the home.
    Because their partner most probably works, sometimes more than 8 hours a day to make ends met (mine currently doing 14 hour days...).
    Life is tough. There are no villages anymore and some people need help!?? What about my husband quit work and stays home and we raise our children together and I wouldn't need day care because he'd be home looking after my children while I went a got a pap smear? We could BOTH live off the government and then daycare problems would be solved!! Perfect! Sounds pretty good to me?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Benji  (28-05-2012),headoverfeet  (28-05-2012),peanutmonkey  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yep. Sad that mothers now have to pay for the village and for a little bit of help

Thanks
    Reviews
    i imagine its government funded because the government feels it supports the community as a whole .
    children are more prepared for entering the school system.
    parents have secured cc in place for when a suitable job or study option becomes available thus enabling more to actually resume work.
    those without the village or with kids with disabilities get the break they need thus lowering the stress on mental health resources and child protection resources.
    people who use cc for kids so they can go to the gym. reduces obesity increases fitness/health. in turn reduces the strain on the hospital/medical system.

its win win for all except perhaps that very small minority who self righteously believe the tax dollars that they pay somehow still belong to them?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Last edited by grumpysmurf; 28-05-2012 at 14:35.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

brooke88(mum2b09)  (28-05-2012),headoverfeet  (28-05-2012),kiwimum01  (28-05-2012),mad house mumma  (28-05-2012),SassyMummy  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Apart from the CCR (which we don't get) what other gov't entitlements are the for CCB when one partner doesn't work? I'm genuinely interested. I got CCB when I was on maternity leave (didn't use it then) and now I've extended my leave beyond 12 months we get nothing. We pay $90 a day for DD2 to attend preschool which she desperately needs at her age for socialization.

How do other SAHMs get a CCB?