+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    There are many others who work damn hard (and no I'm not having a dig at SAHMs, I am envious of you all) that pay significantly higher CC costs than the figures you have quoted.
    It's means tested and therefore, if you earn more, you pay more just like many other services.
    It's not rocket science.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok so perhaps I was a little out of line earlier - apologies OP I was having a grumpy moment.

However, regardless of whatever the reason you chose to utilise child care (none of my business whatsoever) I still am slightly insulted that despite a fairly generous subsidy you are still unhappy about a minor percentage that you are out of pocket.

There are many others who work damn hard (and no I'm not having a dig at SAHMs, I am envious of you all) that pay significantly higher CC costs than the figures you have quoted.

That is my personal sore point. The whole system is flawed and could benefit from a complete overhaul.
    I sort of get where you're coming from, up until last year we were paying $400pw up front for childcare. But every quarter we were refunded 50% of that making our net expenditure $200pw, for, I have to say, a high quality childcare service. Certainly from our perspective the 'system' worked quite well - was that just us? Am I missing the bigger picture for other families?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I'm blown away. If I was paying $36 for child care I'd be celebrating. I know some people are likely to be offended but how about a bit of appreciation for the entitlements you have been offered instead of having a whinge about you not bring able to afford it?I obviously don't know your personal circumstances but if money is so tight & you're already living on handouts without either parent working I don't really understand the desperate need for day care in the first place.
    Agree and agree with your point the system is flawed. Means testing is not solution.
    Last edited by HART; 16-04-2012 at 23:40.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HART For This Useful Post:

2Bboys  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I understand where you're coming from 2boys. For example, if I were to go back to fulltime work I'd need to earn almost triple my current 3day a week income just to cover daycare and the other lost concessions.

I appreciate all that I get at the moment, but you'll probably be frustrated to hear me whinge that full time work is just not a possibility for me.

And SAB, sorry- missed your post before. After CCB, before CCR, including discounted rates from the centre.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

2Bboys  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we pay $340 per fortnight after ccb and ccr for the privilige of going to work. And that's just for 3 days for 2 kids as my mum does one days care and I only work 4 days per week. I get that if you earn more you pay more, but as a dual income family with both partners earning about the same we are really eligible for very little. Some single income families can earn $50k more than us and still be entitled to ftb b whilst we claim our big $20 ftb a per fortnight at the end of the tax year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok so perhaps I was a little out of line earlier - apologies OP I was having a grumpy moment.

However, regardless of whatever the reason you chose to utilise child care (none of my business whatsoever) I still am slightly insulted that despite a fairly generous subsidy you are still unhappy about a minor percentage that you are out of pocket.

That is my personal sore point. The whole system is flawed and could benefit from a complete overhaul.
    IMO the govt has made childcare a necessity for many people, so it is up to the govt to create more spaces (particularly for svhool aged children) and make it affordable to access.

As a single mum and childcare worker, I paid $290/WEEK FOR VACATION CARE LAST TIME I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO secure it at all. Most times I cannot even get her in anywhere so have no option of working. That was for 1 child, 4 days/week.

ETA: Excuse the caps lock :/ must have bumped it.
    Last edited by share a book; 22-05-2012 at 11:17.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

T 800  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Op: id double check the paperwork and ask questions to make sure everythings ok.

Some parents who dont work outside the home do have a genuine need for daycare (eg if their child has a disability and needs additional interaction, or if they are looking for work).

Im not sure about SAHM that just need a break (and I'm not talking about mums with genuine mental health issues). I mean isnt looking after your kid your job? Mums that work outside the home in difficult jobs... when do they get time to chill? Should they put the kids in daycare on the weekends so they get a break?
    Last edited by VicPark; 22-05-2012 at 12:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so shocked at the responses here. Why are people judging others on their choice to put their kids in childcare? VicPark I take personal offence to you saying as a SAHM it's our 'job' to take care of our kids - do Mums not deserve a break if they don't work?

I wonder why people who have nothing nice to say bother saying anything at all!! OP I hope it works out for you

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MumToBeat23 View Post
    I'm so shocked at the responses here. Why are people judging others on their choice to put their kids in childcare? VicPark I take personal offence to you saying as a SAHM it's our 'job' to take care of our kids - do Mums not deserve a break if they don't work?

I wonder why people who have nothing nice to say bother saying anything at all!! OP I hope it works out for you

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Ahhhh....It is a SAHM's job to take care of their kids. Im not saying that to try and be nasty, im just stating a fact.

I think SAHM's have a difficult job and totally agree all parents deserve a break (working and SAHM).

I just think for those that have partners... the partners should provide the means for a break (eg 50/50 free time when both partners are home). Single mums have it tough so I can see how they might need childcare regardless of whether or not they work outside the home.

If a Partnered SAHM is wealthy enough to afford childcare on their own then well that's their right. I just don't think any government funds should be used to give someone a break from their job/own life when a partner is in the picture.
    Last edited by VicPark; 27-05-2012 at 21:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    And further to that...

All partners should be 100% devoted. Loving and caring. Compassionate and as tuned into their childrens needs as the other parent...

This is not an ideal world. There are too many shades of grey. If someone needs childcare who are we to judge why? And why should they have to disclose all the little details to us.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Benji  (28-05-2012),heeeeerekittykitty  (27-05-2012),PorkyPies  (27-05-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast