+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Why is there the attitude about the OP having daycare though? If I were home all the time without work I think I'd NEED the daycare even more! Sometimes daycare is about more than just mum or dad getting income. It's about everyones emotional and intellectual wellbeing as well as mental health.

There are lot's of reasons to want to use daycare, and any time you find a 'solution' only to be knocked back for monetary reasons you're going to feel down about it, and I for one am happy for OP to vent.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Jakois  (16-04-2012),MissMuppet  (16-04-2012),share a book  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Wow, I'm blown away.

If I was paying $36 for child care I'd be celebrating.

I know some people are likely to be offended but how about a bit of appreciation for the entitlements you have been offered instead of having a whinge about you not bring able to afford it?

I obviously don't know your personal circumstances but if money is so tight & you're already living on handouts without either parent working I don't really understand the desperate need for day care in the first place.
    I think your post is extremely rude. You have no idea of the OP's circumstances, so to question her need for daycare is uncalled for.

OP, I think the rate is rather reasonable. I hope that it works out for you.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Chocolate All Gone Now  (16-04-2012),MissMuppet  (16-04-2012),tatia&shura  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP can you put both kids in 1 day/week, you might be able to afford that. Your CCB should go to 104% with 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    does your daycare do a sibling discount? worth asking about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    if u receive carer allowance as u mentioned u are entitled to ccr without meeting work study requirements due to having a child with a disability. so u should still get that too which is 50% of your out of pocket.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    If long day care is too costly are there any occasional care program's where you can book in for a few hours as an hourly rate is usually cheaper. Or a good family day carer in your area. I agree that $36 is cheap but maybe not to everyones budget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Wow, I'm blown away.

If I was paying $36 for child care I'd be celebrating.

I know some people are likely to be offended but how about a bit of appreciation for the entitlements you have been offered instead of having a whinge about you not bring able to afford it?

I obviously don't know your personal circumstances but if money is so tight & you're already living on handouts without either parent working I don't really understand the desperate need for day care in the first place.
    I thought the OP said she wanted to look for a job but wanted to get her kids settled in daycare first.

But really, that's irrelevant, because it doesn't matter why she wants to use childcare, she's entitled to use it just like everyone else.

I also didn't think she was having a whinge about what they receive, just stating facts ie its going to be tough finding the money.

Last edited by MissMuppet; 16-04-2012 at 20:15. Reason: formatting going wonky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Why is there the attitude about the OP having daycare though? If I were home all the time without work I think I'd NEED the daycare even more! Sometimes daycare is about more than just mum or dad getting income. It's about everyones emotional and intellectual wellbeing as well as mental health.

There are lot's of reasons to want to use daycare, and any time you find a 'solution' only to be knocked back for monetary reasons you're going to feel down about it, and I for one am happy for OP to vent.
    Exactly.

We use child care for MY health. So I don't loose my noodles completely.

There is a high chance I may walk out the door one day, leave the kids behind & not tell anyone I've gone.

For there safety they go to day care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are some pretty sickening attitudes in this thread.
    OP, have you thought about home daycare? In most cases, it's much cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so perhaps I was a little out of line earlier - apologies OP I was having a grumpy moment.

However, regardless of whatever the reason you chose to utilise child care (none of my business whatsoever) I still am slightly insulted that despite a fairly generous subsidy you are still unhappy about a minor percentage that you are out of pocket.

There are many others who work damn hard (and no I'm not having a dig at SAHMs, I am envious of you all) that pay significantly higher CC costs than the figures you have quoted.

That is my personal sore point. The whole system is flawed and could benefit from a complete overhaul.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (28-05-2012),VicPark  (22-05-2012)