+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, I'm blown away.

If I was paying $36 for child care I'd be celebrating.

I know some people are likely to be offended but how about a bit of appreciation for the entitlements you have been offered instead of having a whinge about you not bring able to afford it?

I obviously don't know your personal circumstances but if money is so tight & you're already living on handouts without either parent working I don't really understand the desperate need for day care in the first place.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

CRCR  (05-07-2012),VicPark  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Wow, I'm blown away.

I know some people are likely to be offended but how about a bit of appreciation for the entitlements you have been offered instead of having a whinge about you not bring able to afford it?

I obviously don't know your personal circumstances but if money is so tight & you're already living on handouts without either parent working I don't really understand the desperate need for day care in the first place.
    This!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

2Bboys  (16-04-2012),melhoneybee  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You might have ticked the CCR to be paid to you quarterly or annually and thats why it wasnt on the paperwork.

We pay 71 a day as for some reason Centerlink havent got their act together and sorted out the paperwork we sent in in January. So far we havent gotten any CCB or CCR back.

I'd be stoked on 36 a day let alone a week. I must say that I agree with PP about needing CC when you and your partner are both not working. you are not entitled to CCR if you do not work/study.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a student I pay around $1.55 a week, pretty sure CCB is 50% of what you pay, however my statement still says 237 even if thats not what I have to pay, talk to your centres director and they should be able to explain it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow, I'm blown away.

It's less than most centres charge.

Reading the sig, her 3yo has asd, so it might be an OT recommendation to use cc.

Not everyone gets the rebate. One of my workmates has a deadbeat hubby, refuses to work, refuses to look after the house, refuses to look after the kids. Because he is home and gets the ftb and ppp, he buys smokes, grog and whinges she doesn't leave him enough money. Because he is home, they are only subsidised for 24 hours and get no rebate. Her terms of contract are ft on a rotating roster so the kids have to go ft. So yeah, not everyone gets the rebate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $36 for 2 days so $18 a day. i think that is a very reasonable price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I was paying about $18 per day for daycare when i used it. I only got the childcare benefit so no rebate as i didnt meet the requirements.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I pay 149.78 a fortnight as a single parent on PPS and part time wage.
    That makes it $25 a day
    $18 a day sounds pretty good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I'm blown away.

I'm not offended so much as shocked that you would make such a broad, callous statement to someone.

I don;t pretend to know the OP's circumstances but I do know it's not up to me to judge why she has chosen to use daycare and I really find the use of the word 'handouts' to be demeaning and unnecessary.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to samsausage For This Useful Post:

Chocolate All Gone Now  (16-04-2012),kittypeppa  (30-05-2012),nelle7250  (27-05-2012),tatia&shura  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    I pay 149.78 a fortnight as a single parent on PPS and part time wage.
    That makes it $25 a day
    $18 a day sounds pretty good.
    Is that before or after the rebate?