+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default CCB, does this sound right to you?

Ok, well my boy started daycare today. And when I filled the enrollment forms out my sons CCB is 100% 24hrs pw. Well now today after my sons first day, I get a bill. It would usually cost $136 pw, but CCB is $99.79, so that still leaves us paying $36.21 pw($72.42 a fortnight). Now as me and DP dont work, we live off our centrelink payments and our sons carer allowance. We dont know if we can honestly afford this(and I was thinking of putting my DD is daycare 1 day pw, but not now, prob cant afford it). My sister worked and her DD was in daycare and she wasnt even paying that amount. I just want to know if it sounds ok, cuz if it is we might have to take him out simply due to the fact our financial situation. I am planning on getting a job, but not til my DD is really for daycare, so til then I cant afford it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Do you have CCR being paid directly to the centre or to you?

Id say they've billed you before they've taken CCR & CCB into account.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you look on the back of the FAO letter, the 100% is a percentage of a set fee ($3 something from memory), whereas the actual amount charged by the centre will be more than that, ie. my centre charges $6.70 per hour for the set 11 hours ($74 per day).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    Do you have CCR being paid directly to the centre or to you?

Id say they've billed you before they've taken CCR & CCB into account.
    Well on this statement it says CCR $0.00.....?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As a single mum, on 100% CCB I paid $28/day for LDC in the 2 to 5 year rooms.

CCR won't apply if you don't meet the activity requirements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $36 is for two days not one? I think that sounds pretty reasonable!

My understanding is you need to be either working or studying 15 hours per week to qualify for CCR?

Thanks
    Reviews
    As pp said ccb is calculated on a set rate. 100% is about $3.80 per hour but centers charge more than this. Ccr is only applicable to parents who are working or studying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies. I guess it will just be tight financially for us then, things we do for our kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If both you and your DP are unemployed and $36 a week is going to seriously make things tight for you why doesn't your DP look for a job?!

Even stacking shelves at a supermarket or working fast food will bring in more money than centrelink benefits would.

If your DP getting a job is not an option (?!) and both parents are home and neither studying (I am saying this based on that you aren't eligible for CCR) then can I ask what the need for you DS to be in cc is if it genuinely is going to be a stretch to pay it?!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

2Bboys  (16-04-2012),CRCR  (05-07-2012),melhoneybee  (17-04-2012),SassyMummy  (28-05-2012),VicPark  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Without CCR, most low income families with one child in care usually pay anywhere from 15 to 30 per day for long daycare.