+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Please Advice

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and it looks fantastic. I am in need of your advice ragadring the hospital booking.
    I am in abroad now and I will be coming to Australia in June 1st week. At present I am running 13th week. What is the process for booking the hospital?
    I am very much tensed that whether I will be getting hospital or not.
    By the way I am from melbourne.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    Saray

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Please Advice

Hi, you definately need to book into your hospital of choice as soon as possible! Do you know what area you will be living in here? Most women book into their hospital of choice very early

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saray, generally you need a referral from your GP for booking in the hospital. But I believe you should just look into the hospital you want to give birth in and give them a call. Explain what's going on and they should be able to fix you up.
    Generally it's after the 12 week period that they will see you; as the chance for miscarrying is reduced. I would call up as soon as possible as although you won’t see them much, places within hospital’s do fill up and appointments can be quite hard to come by.
    As you won’t be arriving till June you will probably need to bring all your currently records over for when you have this appointment.