+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    Nup, if there's like twenty toilets empty and you choose the one next to me I'm totally thinking you have issues :P

Well from now on when I go to the toilet i'm picking the one next to someone. One day I hope to be going to the toilet next to you. You know what's really fun when you start talking to the person next to you. Or start asking them to pass you some toilet paper.

Op I think they were rude. More then likely the sort of mums that think they own that spot. I would have gone up and sat down with them and started talking over the top of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    And I will have just one thing to say to you, "sorry, can't spare a square" :P

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (17-04-2012),delirium  (16-04-2012),halloweendee  (17-04-2012),haveheart  (22-04-2012),MissMuppet  (17-04-2012),MothersMilk  (17-04-2012),Pen14  (17-04-2012),~Marigold~  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    And I will have just one thing to say to you, "sorry, can't spare a square" :P

Then I'll say that's ok I'll just use my back up from my hand bag. Never go any where with out nappy wipes and loo paper

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbasmummy View Post
    It is weird if there were other places for them to sit, but people in public are generally rude because we all have our different standards of acceptable behaviour. At the risk of being flamed, if I saw someone put shoes on a table, I'd think they were filthy and inconsiderate - people eat and have picnics on tables, so for me that is rude! I personally don't use communal BBQ's, sit on public toilet seats etc. because that's just my thing. We can't expect the general public to behave in a way that is always suitable for us. By the way, I agree with the PP who avoids play areas, mothers groups and stuff for similar reasons. Maybe I need to get the knot out of my knickers too
    Our shoes were on top of a enviro bag, not actually on the table I should have been more specific.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    meh, I would put the shoes on the table..

anyone who would eat off the tables without putting a mat down, would be weird IMO...lol.

Have you looked at those tables...

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbasmummy View Post
    It is weird if there were other places for them to sit, but people in public are generally rude because we all have our different standards of acceptable behaviour. At the risk of being flamed, if I saw someone put shoes on a table, I'd think they were filthy and inconsiderate - people eat and have picnics on tables, so for me that is rude! I personally don't use communal BBQ's, sit on public toilet seats etc. because that's just my thing. We can't expect the general public to behave in a way that is always suitable for us. By the way, I agree with the PP who avoids play areas, mothers groups and stuff for similar reasons. Maybe I need to get the knot out of my knickers too
    I'm going off topic, but just a tip: Chubbasmummy: I always take a bottle of vinegar and foil with me when we plan on using a public BBQ.. Just turn it on and pour the vinegar over the grill, screw the foil up into a ball and give it a scrub before cooking on it. The heat and vinegar will kill off any germs. Or, just cook your food on top of a piece of foil.

OP, I'd be p!ssed if someone took my spot, sleeping baby or not! It would have been clear that it was taken. Yes, it's a public spot, but there's common sense and respect.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

mad house mumma  (17-04-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    I hate hate hate when you are at a park and you have a table and someone asks if they can sit there.

I have to change my whole conversation and pretend to be a normal conservative mum, it bloody sucks, find your own table!

Or you could just spice up the conversation and hopefully scare 'em off, LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Public toilets I just go for the cleanest, if it is next to the only other person in the toilets so be it! I never thought anything of that and this is the first time I've heard that it is weird

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Opinionated  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    a dunny is a dunny
    a seat is a seat
    !!

as for the gazebo, sometimes they are great opportunities to meet other mums and have a good chat, especially if you are on your own.
    but i'm a glass half full girl....

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (17-04-2012),Opinionated  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    Public toilets I just go for the cleanest, if it is next to the only other person in the toilets so be it! I never thought anything of that and this is the first time I've heard that it is weird
    Same. Cleanliness is my top priority in public toilets (some of them are completely feral!) If they're all the same then I'd probably choose one away from other people, but its not something I normally think about. Cubicles are pretty anonymous.

I only use public toilets as a last resort anyway. The smell in some is enough to make me hold on for longer than I thought humanly possible.