+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That sucks op,

If there were other gazebos free tho, and u really didnt want bubba woken, i probably woulda wheeled him to one of the other ones?

I know they were inconsiderate and such... But the fact he was woken really seems to have ticked you off...that could have been avoided if you'd moved?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At first I was thinking that it wasn't that big a deal but after reading further I think they were being rude...there were free spots but they came and invaded yours..it's odd and rude and it has happened to me before (not a sleeping baby but I have 'claimed a spot' by putting all my stuff on it and then gone off to supervise my kids to come back to 4 women all over the top of my stuff and taking up the whole seat at the park that I had 'claimed' (I was meeting friends there). When I went to get my stuff none of them moved or said a word and it was difficult getting my stuff out. It was rude.) It's common courtesy really...if someone has obviously occupied a space then don't push them out because you want that spot. If everywhere is full then be polite and ask if you can share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its kind of like someone using a toilet next to you in a restroom free of vacant ones :-)

I know what its like with a terrible sleeper and people waking them up, if someone doesnt have to deal with the consequence they don't seem to care or are just plain ignorant. I get furious when it happens. In saying that though I would have moved to avoid my baby being woken.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I agree....
    If a sleeping baby was left near a group of us I would assume that the baby was one that could sleep with some noise, and therefore not worried about adjusting my noise levels.
    If the baby was one that wakes easily then you should have moved the pram so the mothers and toddlers could enjoy the gazebo.
    Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
    i agree!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is weird if there were other places for them to sit, but people in public are generally rude because we all have our different standards of acceptable behaviour. At the risk of being flamed, if I saw someone put shoes on a table, I'd think they were filthy and inconsiderate - people eat and have picnics on tables, so for me that is rude! I personally don't use communal BBQ's, sit on public toilet seats etc. because that's just my thing. We can't expect the general public to behave in a way that is always suitable for us. By the way, I agree with the PP who avoids play areas, mothers groups and stuff for similar reasons. Maybe I need to get the knot out of my knickers too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chubbasmummy For This Useful Post:

FrogsnSnails  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If your stuff was on the table, then yes I think they were being selfish. It was being used and they could have sat elsewhere.

I hate hate hate when you are at a park and you have a table and someone asks if they can sit there.

I have to change my whole conversation and pretend to be a normal conservative mum, it bloody sucks, find your own table!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (16-04-2012),FrogsnSnails  (16-04-2012),~Marigold~  (17-04-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyznberry View Post
    Its kind of like someone using a toilet next to you in a restroom free of vacant ones :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    What? There's public toilet ettiquette and you have to leave spaces? I choose the cleanest or the one with the most graffiti to read. I must have been weirding out people like you for years. I thought the whole privacy issue was covered with the cubicle.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (16-04-2012),chubbasmummy  (17-04-2012),FrogsnSnails  (16-04-2012),halloweendee  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    What? There's public toilet ettiquette and you have to leave spaces? I choose the cleanest or the one with the most graffiti to read. I must have been weirding out people like you for years. I thought the whole privacy issue was covered with the cubicle.
    Nup, if there's like twenty toilets empty and you choose the one next to me I'm totally thinking you have issues :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I pick my toilet by cleanest. I couldn't care if someone was in the one next to it.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (17-04-2012),halloweendee  (17-04-2012),Opinionated  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I pick my toilet by cleanest. I couldn't care if someone was in the one next to it.
    I just checked with DF and he agreed, ppl who sit in the cubicle next to yours when there are plenty of empties, are strange. One time DF and I stayed in a camp/dorm type place alone, we had the pick of twenty odd cubicles and still sat at opposite ends. There are certain logistics involved in toileting which need to be given space and privacy where possible. Perhaps a spin off is required...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (16-04-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast