+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In that situation I (personally) would've moved him.

You can't put 'dibs' on public areas. I know you really wanted him to have a sleep, but why could he have no sleept somewhere else at the park?

I personally never look in other peoples prams & if I saw a mum & 2 bubs playing on the equipment, & a double pram parked away, I would assume the pram belonged to the two playing kids.

They probably sat down & figured if you thought it would be too noisy you'd move him.

Do you live in the city/built up area? I do, and sometimes I feel like strangers are living on top of me & disrespecting my personal space. But really they are just trying to live their lives.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndrewTheEmu For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (16-04-2012),singlemumma82  (16-04-2012),Stiflers Mom  (16-04-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OP I probably would of been cranky if they had of woken my baby up too. In saying that though I would of gone over and moved him while making some passive aggressive comment I hope the rest of your day went smoothly and bub was easy to resettle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I'm not sure how they were rude?

They were talking in a public space... are people expected to be quiet in public in case there are sleeping babies around?

Gazebos are free places too... if there was space available, they were free to be there. One baby does not require an entire gazebo to itself.

I just not sure why you're so angry... so your baby woke up... I know it's annoying, but it's not like it's the end of the world.
    I agree....
    If a sleeping baby was left near a group of us I would assume that the baby was one that could sleep with some noise, and therefore not worried about adjusting my noise levels.
    If the baby was one that wakes easily then you should have moved the pram so the mothers and toddlers could enjoy the gazebo.
    Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would never not sit somewhere because a baby was asleep. That's your business not mine and it's a public space. I would have moved the pram instead. By that logic, I guess everyone in the supermarket should be whispering if a mother is pushing a pram with a baby asleep. Kids are always asleep in prams, everywhere you look.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whilst I don't think it's exactly rude of them, it's still not what I would have done. When you had come over, i'd have asked you if it was okay if we sat there as long as we didn't make too much noise. There is no way I would I have just plonked myself down with my friends and completely dismissed the fact that there was a sleeping baby there. It's just bad playground etiquette.
    I would have assumed this was your table as you had parked your pram there.

If I was you, i'd have parked my pram under a nearby tree if there was one, or thrown our jackets/bags ontop of the table so people knew we were using it.

Oh, and if someone took it upon themselves to move my pram with my baby in it out of the way so they could sit down, i'd wouldn't be able to stop myself marching over there and shoving the daft cow that did it off the bench. No one touches my child, or anything they are in, without my permission.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (17-04-2012),FrogsnSnails  (16-04-2012),jacobsmamma  (17-04-2012),Luvmydogs  (17-04-2012),mad house mumma  (17-04-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry but if I want my baby to sleep and know he wont sleep through noise then the LAST place I would take him is a park,

Its a public place and they have as much right to use the gazebo as you.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate it when you have to go to the toilets with a sleeping bub and someone sets off the bloooooody air dryer just as im walking by.... but hey, what can i do? Its a public place!!

I feel your pain and if i had have been those parents i would have been mindful of the sleeping baby. But if it was my baby, i would have moved him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I'm not sure how they were rude?

They were talking in a public space... are people expected to be quiet in public in case there are sleeping babies around?

Gazebos are free places too... if there was space available, they were free to be there. One baby does not require an entire gazebo to itself.

I just not sure why you're so angry... so your baby woke up... I know it's annoying, but it's not like it's the end of the world.
    They weren't rude, just inconsiderate, they could see I had our morning tea and shoes on the table and knew he was asleep in the pram. Of course I don't expect people to be quiet in a public place, but I thought by putting him out of everyones way he would have been fine. I understand that it was a public place, but there were literally 5 other gazebos not being used nearby, one being directly across from the playground. I'm not suggesting it was the end of the world, obviously it was just frustrating at the time. I'd like to believe in common courtesy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    Im sorry but if I want my baby to sleep and know he wont sleep through noise then the LAST place I would take him is a park,

Its a public place and they have as much right to use the gazebo as you.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    I agree. It is frustrating but it is a public place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FrogsnSnails View Post
    They weren't rude, just inconsiderate, they could see I had our morning tea and shoes on the table and knew he was asleep in the pram. Of course I don't expect people to be quiet in a public place, but I thought by putting him out of everyones way he would have been fine. I understand that it was a public place, but there were literally 5 other gazebos not being used nearby, one being directly across from the playground. I'm not suggesting it was the end of the world, obviously it was just frustrating at the time. I'd like to believe in common courtesy.
    But it's not discourteous to share a public space.