+ Reply to Thread
    North Brisbane

Default Baby led weaning

I am very interested in trying BLW with my 6 month old who has been eating purees since 3 1/2 months old. Can somebody please give me suggestions of suitable foods to offer? What foods are popular with your little ones?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Definitely buy the Gil Rapley BLW book as it has all the info you need, we started with steamed brocolli ( easy to hold) and roasted sweet potato sticks ( cut into finger size sticks) then thick wedge cut slices of avocado and banana , once they get the hang of biting, chewing and swallowing ( usually after a few weeks) then we started giving him what we were eating, obviously fresh food only, no packet/processed food, no added salt etc, by 8 months he was eating grilled salmon and butter chicken curry!
    Don't be afraid to add flavor like ginger , garlic, spices, oil and fresh herbs!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

jordansmumma  (16-04-2012)

Similar Threads

1. Baby Led Weaning
    By stellarella in forum Weaning & Starting solids
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 01-11-2015, 15:18
  2. Weaning my baby at 6 weeks old, need advice
    By charli in forum Bottlefeeding Support
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 22-09-2012, 19:23
  3. Baby led weaning