+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Was cancelling my cycle the best idea?

I was due for egg pickup on Wednesday but todays scan revealed 38 follies between 14 and 18mm and lots of smaller ones. My FS pretty much gave me a choice to either continue with pickup, freeze the embryos and have a huge risk if OHSS or to cancel the entire cycle now.
    I have decided to cancel. I have a really bad thaw history so I was really keen for a fresh transfer this time and I am worried about OHSS.
    But, I feel so annoyed!! I am really sore due to number if follicles and have had really bad side effects from the meds! What a waste of time!
    Im hoping I made the right choice :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You made the right choice ... TBH I don't know much about IVF and fertility assistance but is there another route you can take other than what you just cancelled? I'm getting that there is another option ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jetaime

What a difficult decision. I'd be torn as well. I think it's a very personal choice and it would have been made easier if your FS had just said "we're cancelling" rather than giving you the option because you'll always question if it was the right thing to do.

I don't know if it's the right decision for you, only you know that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many stims have you done now? I'd be curious why you were so overstimulated if this wasn't your first cycle? I got ohss with my first cycle I had 33 eggs collected and did a freeze all. The ohss was nasty I passed out from the pain when trying to go to the loo so avoiding that is ideal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    How many stims have you done now? I'd be curious why you were so overstimulated if this wasn't your first cycle? I got ohss with my first cycle I had 33 eggs collected and did a freeze all. The ohss was nasty I passed out from the pain when trying to go to the loo so avoiding that is ideal!
    This is my second Stim Cycle. I only got 13 eggs last time, FS isn't sure what went wrong this time.
    I guess it's just another bump in the road, I feel sad now but I'll get over it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having a cycle cancelled is devastating. This is my first cycle and it was cancelled. Hang in there hon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I proceeded with my first cycle after being given the choice. I got OHSS and ended up in hospital for three days. It was nasty. I put on 6kg of fluid in two days. Our FS warned me that I would likley be in hospital for weeks if I got pregnant. It probably wasn't the best move to proceed with the ET but i wanted to try. And it was a BFN

Good news is... I had a FET a few weeks later and am now 35 weeks pregnant. Best of luck. I think you did the right thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jetaime View Post
    This is my second Stim Cycle. I only got 13 eggs last time, FS isn't sure what went wrong this time.
    I guess it's just another bump in the road, I feel sad now but I'll get over it!
    Same dose again? Amazing you've responded so differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh jetamie

That sucks! Sounds like you made the right decision to cancel. I can only imagine how frustrated you are now. You need to be in the best health possible for when that little embie snuggles in. Look after yourself, i hope everything resolves quickly so you can move fwd.

Hugs x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Same dose again? Amazing you've responded so differently.
    Yep, same dose! My ovaries went crazy this time