+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Rejection Line, WDYT?

So after a convo on a post on a fellow hubbers fb wall, I remembered about the Rejection Line, a mobile number that you give out to people who want your number but you don't want to give them your real number. It used to have a recorded message that would let the person know that the person who gave them the number doesn't want to know them, kind of thing.
    Now it just rings out to a generic voicemail where you leave a short MSG and it gets converted to text, so it seems like a real number that you have been given. You can also SMS it, and both SMSes and voice messages are posted up on their website and Facebook.

What are your thoughts on this?

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never heard of such a thing,!! why wouldn't someone just say, "no I dont want to give you my number"??? too complicated for my little brain. lol Marie

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

babyla  (16-04-2012),LoveLivesHere  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds cruel to me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol... it's mean but it is a little funny in a weird cruel sort of way..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just block people I don't want to hear from.
    To them it's just my phone going to msg bank.
    Its not that I'm being cruel and I rarely do it. It's either if I speak to them I will say something really bad or they are stalking me (like 25 calls a day) or I just want to cut them out of my life and they are not getting the msg.
    But like I said its very rare I do that. It's in extreme cases and I would never do that to someone I consider a friend. I would just write a txt saying I need time out or whatever. I never cut people out of my life unless there is a very good reason.
    Sometimes people get my number from someone and harass me for whatever they think I have done or because they think I care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used it a few times and TBH thought it was pretty funny. I gave it out when it had the recorded message and was told how funny my voicemail message was :/
    I gave it out to sleazes who used to bother me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think the old version was probably a lot harsher, but the new one seems ok.
    Last night I was reading through the messages, and one girl seems to have gotten pregnant and the guy have her the rejection number, and it just got me thinking how something so seemingly harmless can be quite the opposite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This reminds me of something funny that happened to me once... it's not really on topic but bear with me -

I went to a friends 21st and got really really drunk and pashed on with this awful friend of the friends called Doug. Or at least I thought he was called Doug. The memory was really fuzzy as I was so drunk, but I did remember refusing to give him my number.. Or so I thought (again).

A few days later I got a phone message from a guy called Greg - something like "Hi Michelle, it's Greg here, just thought I'd give you a call and see if you want to catch up again, it was lots of fun hanging out with you the other night".

I was like WOW I must have been even more drunk than I thought, I could swear his name was Doug and I refused to give him my number I had a giggle, ignored the message and didn't answer when he called again a couple of times over the next few weeks.

Anyhoo, a couple of weeks later my friend called and asked if it was ok if she gave Doug my phone number as he was insisting

I was like - who the f*** is Greg?? My friend was

I never did find out who Greg was, and whether I had actually met him or whether another Michelle had given him a fake number that turned out to be mine by sheer coincidence...

Anyway, thanks for letting me share that story, I'd forgotten about it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (16-04-2012)

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i loved that phone number when it first came out!

I used it a couple of times. Guys caught on pretty quick and started 'pranking' the girl so 'she'd have their number too/making sure it their number'.

One guys 'tested' my number on me one night and it rang through to the rejection line, while he and hjis friends were standing right there in front of me. *shame* for all of us. He still persisted. One of his mates said "DUDE!!! SHE GAVE YOU THE REJECTION LINE! MOVE ON" To which he reluctantly agreed.

I agree there are many more mature and polite ways to turn people down. But In my late teens and early 20's when I spent many nights out on the town, my only interest was having fun with my girlfriends, that number came in very handy turning down drunk, slurring, touchy feely pushy men that i had already tried many a times to turn down politely.

But do I agree with having them publicly humiliated on facebook?.. No.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    This reminds me of something funny that happened to me once... it's not really on topic but bear with me -

I went to a friends 21st and got really really drunk and pashed on with this awful friend of the friends called Doug. Or at least I thought he was called Doug. The memory was really fuzzy as I was so drunk, but I did remember refusing to give him my number.. Or so I thought (again).

A few days later I got a phone message from a guy called Greg - something like "Hi Michelle, it's Greg here, just thought I'd give you a call and see if you want to catch up again, it was lots of fun hanging out with you the other night".

I was like WOW I must have been even more drunk than I thought, I could swear his name was Doug and I refused to give him my number I had a giggle, ignored the message and didn't answer when he called again a couple of times over the next few weeks.

Anyhoo, a couple of weeks later my friend called and asked if it was ok if she gave Doug my phone number as he was insisting

I was like - who the f*** is Greg?? My friend was

I never did find out who Greg was, and whether I had actually met him or whether another Michelle had given him a fake number that turned out to be mine by sheer coincidence...

Anyway, thanks for letting me share that story, I'd forgotten about it
    BAHAHAHA hilarious!!