+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Q for parents with multiple kids in daycare

Did you find that putting a baby/child into daycare for a few days a week was easier second time around? And we're you happier to do it younger than your first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have found it easier this time around yes, but only because of her personality. She is very outgoing and has been smiling when I drop her off and smiling when I pick her up right from day one.

I still wouldn't have left her any younger though. I put them both in at 7 months when I returned to work. With both I have thought it was too young, but I haven't had a choice. I'd never put them in any younger than that no matter what.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    opposite for me.

DS went in at 6 months cause i had to go back to work as I split with his dad...i also did not "know any better" and had no choice.

6 years later, DD comes along and i know a lot more about attachment and development etc etc...

and she has only started this year at about 18 months...and goes 1 morning a week and that is all. She might have to start going 2 mornings when she is 2 1/2 but i am hoping to put that off as long as possible.

I also think they are very different kids...DS was big and healthy...DD is little and struggles.

I took DS out of daycare when he was 3 and was glad I did...much preferred him being home with me.

I think it all depends on you...and the kids.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (16-04-2012)