+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The book save our sleep by Tazzie Hall- has been a lifesaver to us.. it co-ensides with a lot of sleep school handouts i have recieved on sleep - get babys into a pattern of feed, play, sleep.. Try to get them to fall asleep in their cot in a darkened room with no mobiles.. (Mobiles can distract them from going to sleep) Bore child to sleep with no interaction (some soft music is ok.), pat,rock child to sleep but don't pick up and i know that is very hard to do when your child is screaming .... Put baby to sleep were you want them to wake up... good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The book save our sleep by Tazzie Hall- has been a lifesaver to us.. it co-ensides with a lot of sleep school handouts i have recieved on sleep - get babys into a pattern of feed, play, sleep.. Try to get them to fall asleep in their cot in a darkened room with no mobiles.. (Mobiles can distract them from going to sleep) Bore child to sleep with no interaction (some soft music is ok.), pat,rock child to sleep but don't pick up and i know that is very hard to do when .... Put baby to sleep were you want them to wake up... good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Love to Dream Wrap Me Up's worked a treat for us. I started using them when DS was 8 weeks old and he went from having 30 min naps to 3-4 hour naps! And he hated being swaddled before I used these. Can't recommend them enough

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my dd only ever catnapped in the day, but slept at night so we went with the flow

5. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

Lansta  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also agree with save our sleep. I know alot don't agree but each to their own. I dont follow to the T, but modified it to suit us.
    Our 5 week old self settles and doesn't have to be rocked to sleep. She sleeps 12 hours through the night only waking for 1 feed and straight bck to sleep. During the day we wrap her the same as night and sleeps really well. We have followed it since she was 2 weeks and "knock on wood" she is a great little bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine barely slept unless in car, on me or near me. After a bit of trial and error i found Rockers, slings, walks in the prams were my life saver. Learning the tired signs helped as he never slept if overtired unless I bf him to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissRose1 View Post
    The Love to Dream Wrap Me Up's worked a treat for us. I started using them when DS was 8 weeks old and he went from having 30 min naps to 3-4 hour naps! And he hated being swaddled before I used these. Can't recommend them enough
    I second the wrap me up. Although my DD doesn't have that long of a sleep and still only has one sleep cycle but with a cuddle and a rock she gets drowsy again and will have another 40min nap.
    Also agree with other posters. Getting tired signs are the key. I used to confuse her tired signs with hungry ones and was feeding instead of putting to sleep, we have that sorted though now!
    Good luck.