+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How early can you take a pregnancy test??

Hi,

What's the earliest you have taken a home pregnancy test? The test i have says you can test 5 days before expected period has anyone tested this early before and got an accurate result? Im due on saturday so today is day 23 if i tested tommorow would that be too early do you think? I don't think i can wait to till saturday it's driving me crazy wondering if i am pregnant or not lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happy86 View Post
    Hi,

What's the earliest you have taken a home pregnancy test? The test i have says you can test 5 days before expected period has anyone tested this early before and got an accurate result? Im due on saturday so today is day 23 if i tested tommorow would that be too early do you think? I don't think i can wait to till saturday it's driving me crazy wondering if i am pregnant or not lol
    I tested about 10 days after I ovulated which is about 4 days before period is due and got a positive for my princess. Faint but clearly positive. Id been to the gp fir a blood test before my period was rush

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

laurea  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can take it at 10 days and get a positive. Or your body could be stubborn and give you a negative at 10 days when you might actually be pregnant. It's all about taking chances and deciding whether or not to just wait for AF to show up.

I was late last month by like 2 days, I kept getting negatives when I started testing at 10 days but I couldn't give up hope. We had tried a opk that month so I really thought we caught it in time! I was so upset to have my period start late!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eclecticdreamer For This Useful Post:

laurea  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, i will try one tommorow. Electricdreamer i hope you have better luck this month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm gonna say 10dpo. Some ladies have had results earlier but i wouldn't try till then. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's best to leave it as late as possible if you have the willpower! I had a look at the stats on this site

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...hart.php?dpo=9

Thanks
    Reviews
    Used a FR a week before my period was due and got a positive. In saying that, I'm not certain of when I ovulated but I suspect it was early in my cycle since bubs has been measuring four days ahead the whole pregnancy.

I would agree with the others...wait until at least 10dpo.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I'd do the test..

Hi happy86,

Id take the test.. I took the test on Saturday (5 days before my period was due) & I got a positive result!!

We'll do another test after my period is due (assuming it doesnt come) on Thursday...

I couldn't hold out & wanted to make sure i was doing all the right things for our baby..

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happy86 View Post
    Hi,

Hello I tested TODAY as my AF should arrive TODAY or the next 4-5 days ( i dont think im too regular!) and i got a very faint second line! Im going to do another test tomorrow morning though, just to be sure
    I took a First Response Test and it said can pick up the Pregnant hormone 6 days before your next due period. Some are alot different. I think you can get Early Detection Tests which can pick up small amounts of the hormone upto 10 days before you next due period! WOW! Maybe have a look for one of those tests??

Goodluck i hope you get your positive result!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry OT but loving your username NPOC