+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do all my general cleaning with DD awake and leave the massive spring clean/sort to when my mum can look after her.

we start with the ensuite first thing monday mornings where I will spray it to clean when I shower, clean the toilet and sink. DD is usually bumming around near me. Then I shut that door so she cant get in there with the chemicals.

Then I tidy/clean my bedroom up. Shut that door.

Then tidy the spare room/clean main bathroom. Shut that door.

DD gets given a clean chux and spray bottle with just water/tea tree oil in it so she feels like she is helping.

I then go into her room and put stuff away, but I dont stress too much cos she is in and out all day. Its just a tidy up.

I take all the dirty laundry downstairs and shut the gate so she cant get back up.

Sort the laundry out and start loading machine. I can easily do downstairs whilst she potters around. I have always cleaned the house with her so she is used to following me around 'helping'. She has gotten really good now with knowing what the bin is and wash basket is so when you give her something and say "can you put this in the bin please" - she gets excited and does it. but i give her stuff one at a time so that she spends heaps of time running between the bin/wash basket.

I repeat this whole cycle on thurs mornings so weekends are cleaning free!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't really spend that much time upstairs other than sleeping, bathing, computer & cleaning which is good. I just got all upstairs done while Dd was asleep and all I have to do is vacuum her room.
    The closing doors after its done is a great idea. I have some toys inthe computer/spare room so I can have her occupied while I have a shower but I haven't tried it with her up there while I clean.
    Downstairs I either do at night while she's asleep or potter around withher during the day.
    Seems like I'm just over analyzing the whole thing! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When DD was crawling but not walking I'd have a small playpen that I'd move around the house whilst I did chores. Now that she is walking I let her "help".

Closing the doors is great cos then the kidlets cant go in and stuff things up. also gives you that sense of satisfaction that the room is done and you can move on.

DH hasnt worked out how to clean and be a parent yet. so on his days home with DD whilst I work the house still looks like a disaster site. so frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do dishes while DS is eating. I vacuum and he helps with his mini vacuum cleaner. He "helps" put clothes in the machine, hang them out and put them away. General tidying, I do all day as he does make a huge mess. I make the bed, empty the bins etc very quickly while DS explores the house and makes a mess, but it's easy to clean up after him. I do leave some stuff to naptime though as it is just easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had / have great trouble cleaning with my ds. He is 2.25 and is only now getting better. I can clean while he runs in the back yard. If I go to the laundry he runs in and presses every button. He opens the cupboard and is obsessed with getting the vacuum out. This usually ends in a tantrum.
    When I fold clothes, he comes and throws them off the couch, so that is useless! When I open the dishwasher, he tries to climb in. When I vacuum he follows me with his little vacuum, but gas to have a go with the big one, and invariably, has a tantrum.
    I can get the washing done covertly while he is outside. Generally if I leave his line of sight, the sky falls and he starts whinging and crying. My ds is the ultimate boy who cries wolf.
    It has been a real struggle. My dh doesn't really get it because ds does not act so clingy with him.
    It is extremely frustrating.

brydz is offline blessed with everyone amazing in my life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am lucky that i get regular child free times when he is at his dads that i can do my stuff in. otherwise i do it when he is napping. the days he is home generally mean untidy lounge area and bedroom because he puts toys everywhere. sometimes i clear them up but sometimes i just leave them for him to play with later. always at least like his toys packed up before he goes to dads and he is usually happy to help with that.

Doing dishes is the most annoying thing cos he hangs off me and whinges and carries on.