+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Ehhmmmm .... DH and I are only ever intimate in the bedroom in the mornings and we have a far from boring sex life thank you very much.
    Sorry it wasnt aimed at you... I tend to get asked how our marriage is progressing... thats when I respond with the 'boring sex life' line.

apologies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty Mama View Post
    Ha! I would simply tell people that it isn't actually their concern! I don't ask about their sex lives! What has happened to people that they think it is ok to demand such details???
    I think people worry about all kind of things. On the weekend dh and I were invited to friends for dinner and when we were talking about breastfeeding, especially nightfeeding, I was asked how I do that, if I just sleep naked at night. Hahahaha, sooo stupid dh and I were laughing all night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    Sorry it wasnt aimed at you... I tend to get asked how our marriage is progressing... thats when I respond with the 'boring sex life' line.

apologies

No, I know it wasn't aimed at me .. guess I just wanted to point out that there are plenty of others (a lot of our friends) who only use the bedroom. Thinking about it now, it does seem strange that we only use the bedroom .. haha! Never thought about it before ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky2006 View Post
    I had the same thought with the little lounge on the floor, but I dont know yet if I would have a bad conscience if ds sleeps on the floor like the dog! I just imagine him laying on the floor, us accidently stepping on him, the cold winter floor etc.... I think my pregnancy hormones are not allowing me to do that lol

Hehe, we always at least gave them a blanket, and they were on carpet. Maybe you could look at a camping stretcher type thing, although I'd be worried about them rolling off .. at least on a lounge then can't fall.
    In desperate times we have topped and tailed - DH & DD1 heads laying at the top of the bed and DD2 & I heads at the bottom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just don't care what other people think. My ds was sleeping in his own room at around 2 but in the past 4 months he has come back in with me (he's 4.5). He sleeps better, I sleep better and I have a new baby coming anytime in the next few weeks. I have informed him that she could be noisy at night and she may wake him. He says he doesn't mind so we will work it out later.

Every household is different and every child has different needs. The range of 'normal' is huge. I don't know any teenage boys who still want to sleep with their parents but if I did then so what? As long as everyone gets a good nights sleep and they are not driven mad by sleep deprivation then that's all that matters. Animals all sleep together for warmth, protection, comfort. Humans are no different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My motto is, I don't care where everyone is sleeping, just as long as you are getting a good night's sleep (whatever the definition of a good night's sleep is??).

Why do people get so caught up on where people sleep. It's taken DH a while to accept that DS is in our 'maritial' bed until he decides to move out on his own accord.

Happy mum with enough sleep = happy family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emburrows View Post
    My motto is, I don't care where everyone is sleeping, just as long as you are getting a good night's sleep (whatever the definition of a good night's sleep is??).

Why do people get so caught up on where people sleep. It's taken DH a while to accept that DS is in our 'maritial' bed until he decides to move out on his own accord.

Happy mum with enough sleep = happy family

I agree, Who cares where they sleep for now, they will grow older and eventually go in their own beds but for the sake of sanity and a restful night just do whatever works for you.

I learned not to tell people anything because there is always someone who will tell you that your turning your kids into wimps/sooks etc or telling you that the kids will grow up with issues.

My DS is 3.5 and he sleeps in his bed, I have to lay with him to get him to sleep and then i sneak out.
    In the night he wakes and calls out for me or comes in my bed. It doesn't bother me at all because he has been the worst sleeper ever and for him to go to sleep calm and happy is awesome in my book.

As for the logistics of your DD and new baby.
    I would put a double bed in one of the kids rooms so you can sleep in their with them and have a cot next to the bed if you want to move the bub into it once he/she is asleep .
    Your DP can stay in the main bedroom. Less squishy that way.

If you have enough bedrooms you can have a designated co-sleeping room with a large bed and cot and the kids can still have their own rooms with all their stuff.
    The co-sleeping room could have dark blackout curtains, soft nightlights for night feeds, a chair for feeding if you need it and a bedside table for water, tissues, nappy's wipes (everything you might need during the night).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderstorm For This Useful Post:

emburrows  (28-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    I agree, Who cares where they sleep for now, they will grow older and eventually go in their own beds but for the sake of sanity and a restful night just do whatever works for you.

I learned not to tell people anything because there is always someone who will tell you that your turning your kids into wimps/sooks etc or telling you that the kids will grow up with issues.

My DS is 3.5 and he sleeps in his bed, I have to lay with him to get him to sleep and then i sneak out.
    In the night he wakes and calls out for me or comes in my bed. It doesn't bother me at all because he has been the worst sleeper ever and for him to go to sleep calm and happy is awesome in my book.

As for the logistics of your DD and new baby.
    I would put a double bed in one of the kids rooms so you can sleep in their with them and have a cot next to the bed if you want to move the bub into it once he/she is asleep .
    Your DP can stay in the main bedroom. Less squishy that way.

If you have enough bedrooms you can have a designated co-sleeping room with a large bed and cot and the kids can still have their own rooms with all their stuff.
    The co-sleeping room could have dark blackout curtains, soft nightlights for night feeds, a chair for feeding if you need it and a bedside table for water, tissues, nappy's wipes (everything you might need during the night).
    I still lay down with 2.5DS to get him to sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    I slept with my Mum until I was around 5 and then shared the same beds with my sisters (both older and younger but not at the same time) because they couldnt stand each other and I needed to sleep somewhere until I was in my teens and then finally parents bought us a bunkbed which failed because I still ended up crawling upstairs and sleeping with my mum until I was about 18 because Dad left for work at 2am and Id go to bed around that time. Aside from the times I came back home late or wanted to sneak out. So who cares? If you're happy with co-sleeping go for it.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by heartjb; 28-04-2012 at 13:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to add that I agree with Thunderstorm in regard to a new baby on board.