+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just stopped telling people and let them think she sleeps in her crib

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always tell people that "if the only place you can be intimate with your partner is the bedroom at night you have a very boring sex life"

Then mention the dining table when coffee is being served

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

emburrows  (28-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    I always tell people that "if the only place you can be intimate with your partner is the bedroom at night you have a very boring sex life"

Haha how cheeky. I love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A friend of mine has 2 boys shareing their bed 2 big matreses on the floor and all are happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I just stopped telling people and let them think she sleeps in her crib
    Same here. I don't think it makes you a freak. I love waking up to the smiley little face beside me. Nothing beats that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfly View Post
    About that logistics bit, how to you fit in your intimate time with hubby?
    Lol, ok, I'd say it's devided in 3: 1) we're in the lounge room 2) it's early morning and the kids are in the toyroom. Quickly door shut and quick and dirty lol3) our set up is that we have a queen bed and a cot attached to the side like an arm's reach. Middle of the night, ds curled up in his corner, we might get a bit teenager naughty under the blanket lol...

Thanks
    Reviews
    we co-sleep happily! DD has never ever been a good sleeper, she was in our room in her cot for almost 12 months, she was in her room for a month or two and it was a sleepless hell. We'd be up 10+ times a night and every little noise would wake her, then she co-slept with me for 3 months with DF slept on the couch next to us (our room was big enough for a lounge set up too luckily!) Then when we moved we just said stuff it! Dd now goes to bed in her bed, then she wakes about 2-3 hours after that and she's in our bed for the rest of the night. When people comment we just say we love it, because its true! She sleeps like a log and so do we, and waking up to happy kisses and cuddles beats her screaming from her room every morning! I think we struggled for so long because we thought we "should" have her in her crib and own room, now we've accepted that that's not for us, everything's going much more smoothly!

So much so that we are upgrading to a king bed set this weekend when #2 (ttc now) comes along, it'll go in bassinet next to us until he/she is big enough for us to feel safe with them in bed too - I think by that stage DD will be wanting her big girl bed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a weird thought this morning!! Actually my biggest critic is a friend who shares her bed with 3 DOGS!! Apparently bed sharing with your pet for some VERY STRANGE reason is more acceptable than with your child??!
    And one more to add: If ds1 who is turning 6 is sick, dh moves into the kids room and I have them all in my bed. I just can't bare the thought of my sick child being in a different room than I am! There you go - I am the super freak

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Ehhmmmm .... DH and I are only ever intimate in the bedroom in the mornings and we have a far from boring sex life thank you very much.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Ha! I would simply tell people that it isn't actually their concern! I don't ask about their sex lives! What has happened to people that they think it is ok to demand such details???