+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sick of being the bed sharing freak :(

Dh and I are bed sharing with our 18 month old ds2. For us it is a plain sanity saver. Ds2 has always been an extremely bad sleeper and this is the only way we all get sth like a decent sleep. I won't lie, we tried to have him sleep in his cot a few times but after weeks of getting up dozens of times each night we figured it was never worth it (especially as dh drives for work so I want him to get the best sleep possible). Now I am having our new baby in about 2 weeks and we were trying to figure out the logistics. And what I am really sick of is that when I talk about this to other people I always get comments of basically kicking ds2 out and all kinds of 'he'll be sleeping there until he moves out' etc etc... I am sooo sick of it... We are happy co sleepers. And what most people don't understand is that all we have is a logistical problem, NOT a parenting problem. In fact, if the room would be big enough our solution would simply be a bigger bed lol! I am sick of everyone thinking I am a whimp mum who's kids know no boundaries and are packed in cotton!! Sick of the looks and somehow also sick of being alone in my situation as I don't personally know anyone else who is happily bed sharing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bedshare and plan on doing so til Ds leaves of his own choice, my bedroom is big enough that I will have

Single bed, queen bed, cot.

Bubs will sleep either in my bed with a side rail or in the cot til he or she is big enough and then the cot will be side cared to use as a toddler bed, Ds has the single bed and the queen for me and fob lol

That's assuming Ds hasn't moved out of my bed by then.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Reverse camping out worked for me. I put a mattress on my bedroom floor and it moved away from mine gradually and then we slept in her room for a while, yes, me her and the new baby all in a single bed. Then I started putting her into her own bed. but she's 3.5 and could be reasoned with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We used to have a little foldout kids lounge in our room that we packed up during the day so the kids could sleep on it and be close to us, without hogging our bed. It worked well. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thought with the little lounge on the floor, but I dont know yet if I would have a bad conscience if ds sleeps on the floor like the dog! I just imagine him laying on the floor, us accidently stepping on him, the cold winter floor etc.... I think my pregnancy hormones are not allowing me to do that lol

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we bed share, but will be encouraging DD to go into her own room over the next few months (she will be 26 months when bellyfruit arrives)
    we love cosleeping but Im worried about a toddler and a baby in the bed together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am happily cosleeping and would continue to do so but DH wants to get DS into his cot. I feel better having him in here and I get a better sleep. I am not always getting up to sooth him when he cosleeps. We have discussed that we would need to get DS into his cot before we have another child though. I have noticed I don't tell people about our sleeping arrangement because I don't want them judging me for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    About that logistics bit, how to you fit in your intimate time with hubby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have no help on the logistic but completely understand about the comments. I only get them from child-less people. Every parent I'm friends with completely understands and most still bed share at least half the night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfly View Post
    About that logistics bit, how to you fit in your intimate time with hubby?
    Because the only place to be intimate is in the bedroom? I've been bed sharing for over 2 years and we don't have a problem thank you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

emburrows  (28-04-2012)