+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Words of encouragement

Question; what do you say to your pg DW who's 8.5 months pg.. For words of encouragement?? She is def "over it"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's great how considerate you're being.
    Maybe offer her a massage or run a bath, remind her how beautiful she is, talk about the future and how excited you are about the baby, let her know you're there for her and her needs, even if it's just to lend an ear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I knew, I'd ask my DH to say it to me!! I'm 39 wks and over it too. I just keep telling myself that whatever happens, it's not long now until I get to meet this little person I've been making

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes... everything mum2b09 said! I'll have to show that to DH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently things like "it's not long now" and "you're almost there" are NOT words of encouragement... I'm confused..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would tell her how you are in awe of how she has nurtured herself and the baby over the last 39 weeks. I would reassure her the end is in sight. Ask how you can take some pressure off. What still needs doing? And others have said offer massages, to run a warm bath, cups of tea...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am 37 weeks and my DH has been absolutely wonderful.

It's more actions than words. Giving massages, cleaning, just being there for a hug.

Also talking about baby and even practical things like explaining that what he plans to do when baby arrives with doing laundry and baths and nappy changes.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it shows a lot that you are here asking - I hope she appreciates what you are trying.
    My DP does things like offer massage, run baths for me, tells me how beautiful I am (that one usually happens when I am whinging about stretchmarks), tells me I have done an amazing job so far, etc.
    Sometimes none of these things work and I just need a shoulder to cry on, but I always appreciate the efforts.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
    It's more actions than words. Giving massages, cleaning, just being there for a hug.
    Unfortunately I don't have a partner, but this is what I would love. Helping around the house and taking over the shopping/washing/cleaning would be a complete dream! I'm only 20w now, so bump isn't really in the way yet (I can still tie my show laces!!) but I can see it being an issue to do the things that I normally do without thinking when bump is big.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I already do heaps of washing, cleaning, sorting, cooking (roast seem to work better for me), shopping (even though I get completely lost in Coles) and garden work etc, on top of my shift work. I have also been giving massages quite regularly (even though at this point im completely exhausted myself) I just wish I knew what to say to help..

What I would expect of normal encouragement (you're almost there, not long to go etc) are forbidden.