+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,018
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked
    185
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Please send me some luck!

    This is probably silly but today we saw the most beautiful house I've ever seen (that we can afford anyway). We didn't go through it, but it's empty so I got to spend a lot of time walking around the garden and peeking through windows (it's semi-rural bushland so no-one could see ). I'm in LOVE but I know the sneaky realtors advertise properties for WAY less than they expect so can you please send me some good luck vibes for tomorrow? I'm going to phone and ask for an appointment to look through.

    Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mary xoxoxo

  2. #2
    Guest Guest
    I won't send you luck, I'll give you some advice In today's market, I wouldn't expect to pay much if anything over the price range, make an offer below your reserve to give yourself enough room for negotiation. Never fall in love with a place, you must set your limit and be prepared to walk away and don't let the agent know how interested you are.
    Now I'll say good luck lol

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

    scarymarygoldfish  (15-04-2012)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked
    402
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooooo how exciting.

    Lily has given you some great advice. In the current market most areas would be lucky to reach the asking price let alone go above it.

    Good luck!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

    scarymarygoldfish  (15-04-2012)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    590
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally agree. We are in the process of selling and then buying.
    And we will be lucky to get our asking price.

    Also depends on the area, but where we are planning to buy (total seachange) the houses average about 6 months on the market, so we will be offering atleast $10k below the asking price.
    Good luck though!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to RubySunrise For This Useful Post:

    scarymarygoldfish  (15-04-2012)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,018
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked
    185
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    I won't send you luck, I'll give you some advice In today's market, I wouldn't expect to pay much if anything over the price range, make an offer below your reserve to give yourself enough room for negotiation. Never fall in love with a place, you must set your limit and be prepared to walk away and don't let the agent know how interested you are.
    Now I'll say good luck lol
    You're a legend Lily, thank you -- I really appreciate it.

    I'm not usually led by my heart at all, but we've been in this old, dark, tiny (sorry, I mean 'character filled') cottage for three years now and the new house is huge, and open-plan with floor-to-ceiling windows in every room.

    I really hope I don't get carried away -- I can feel my heart about to be broken

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked
    402
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As an after thought, I don't presume to know your actual budget but if it so applies to you also please bear in mind that the higher end properties $1m+ are often exchanging for literally hundreds of thousands of dollars less than the asking price. Many sellers are quite desperate to get out before they are forced out and hence contract prices are reflecting this.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

    scarymarygoldfish  (15-04-2012)

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,018
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked
    185
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mellyjane View Post
    Totally agree. We are in the process of selling and then buying.
    And we will be lucky to get our asking price.

    Also depends on the area, but where we are planning to buy (total seachange) the houses average about 6 months on the market, so we will be offering atleast $10k below the asking price.
    Good luck though!
    Yes this is our problem also -- we will first have to sell our total mess of a house before we do anything .

    All the best for your seachange! Mary xo
    Last edited by scarymarygoldfish; 15-04-2012 at 22:27.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

    RubySunrise  (15-04-2012)

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,018
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked
    185
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    As an after thought, I don't presume to know your actual budget but if it so applies to you also please bear in mind that the higher end properties $1m+ are often exchanging for literally hundreds of thousands of dollars less than the asking price. Many sellers are quite desperate to get out before they are forced out and hence contract prices are reflecting this.
    Thank you so much 2Bboys, but our budget is about a third of that

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

    2Bboys  (15-04-2012)

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked
    402
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scarymarygoldfish View Post
    Thank you so much 2Bboys, but our budget is about a third of that
    Oh well, keep it in mind for when you win lotto

    Good luck tomorrow.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

    scarymarygoldfish  (16-04-2012)

  17. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Thanks
    1,494
    Thanked
    367
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to butterfly2013 For This Useful Post:

    scarymarygoldfish  (16-04-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Where can I send a fax from?
    By rainbow road in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14-06-2012, 20:56
  2. Wish me luck!
    By Mrs E in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 09:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
The MAMA Centre
Pregnancy, birth & beyond care with your very own midwife. Home & hospital birth support, VBACs, antenatal & postnatal care by medicare eligible midwives & holistic health practitioners. Massage, chiro, naturopathy, yoga, counselling & beauty therapy
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!