+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Do you like it if your partner gets a little jealous?

As I've mentioned about a bajillion times, I've had WLS and have since dropped 32kg and counting.

Anyway, at my "before" weight I knew nobody was going to be looking at me, but NOW people seem to have started to... and it feels nice that people think I'm at an acceptable weight to pay attention to now.

The thing that bothers me though, is that DP does not give a stuff. Even people who have started trying to "get to know me," on FB (some random dude who apparently saw me somewhere on a FB page or something and decided to contact me and a guy who's in a WLS group who has since paid me a bit of attention)... he just doesn't even care!

Now I don't want him to be the kind of jealous where he's all, "You're not allowed to talk to any male ever!" or banning me from FB and acting like a loon... but a bit of a hint of being jealous... you know... "I hope you tell them you're mine...lol," or something like that.

I would LOVE for him to feel a tiny bit jealous, but he couldn't care less. Of course, if I cheated or left him for some other guy (which I won't do) he'd register some sort of emotion, but I think it'd be anger, not jealousy... but even so, I'd love for him to think, "I hope Stacey chooses to stick with me," or something. lol.

So was wondering... do you like it if your partner gets a little jealous too, or do you not care at all? I want to know if I'm abnormal for being disappointed in his lack of mild jealousy...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DP is exactly the same as yours and it bugs me too!

I know its silly but I feel like he doesn't really care. Men have hit on me in front of him and he doesn't get jealous...bizarre!

Guest Guest
    Trust is a great thing in a relationship, he's obviously secure enough to know nothing would happen. The most jealous types are the ones who've done the cheating, have been cheated on and have trust issues or are too insecure about themselves.
    Don't wish for crap is my only advice, you've got a good thing going.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (16-04-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (17-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (16-04-2012),Mod-Myztik  (16-04-2012),mummaof4  (15-04-2012),Stiflers Mom  (15-04-2012),trishalishous  (15-04-2012),wilding  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Mine is the same. If I mention that someone asked me out from work he tells me he doesn't blame them - he would do the same! Argh! Isn't he supposed to want to want to bash them or some other caveman nonsense?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Trust is a great thing in a relationship, he's obviously secure enough to know nothing would happen. The most jealous types are the ones who've done the cheating, have been cheated on and have trust issues or are too insecure about themselves.
    Don't wish for crap is my only advice, you've got a good thing going.
    This ^^^
    My DF had a really bad past relationship and although he would never stop me talking to anyone there are a few male friends he doesn't like because they are "sleazes."
    I think it's more of an insecurity thing, he trusts me but not other guys.
    And earlier this year when I started my weightloss he would often joke about me getting stick thin and leaving him for someone better, which would never happen.
    I do get where you are coming from though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No, I think there is less tension.

He could be jealous on the inside?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh, I'm glad he's not some crazy jealous type Lily... I'd just like a bit of jealousy... a small amount... some "stay away from my woman," nonsense that makes me feel wanted and stuff.

If some girl starts trying to flirt with him I get all, "get away from my man b*tch or I'll scratch up your face." Internally. Externally I just stay very close to DP and make sure she realises who I am and how he's not available.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (15-04-2012),MuminMind  (15-04-2012),The Fox  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think i'd be flattered if he got mildly jealously on occasion - anything beyond that and i'd probably just be annoyed.
    As it is DH isn't really one for jealously. The way he sees it i'm stunningly beautiful (this is what thinks, not me) so it's not surprising to him if some other guy agreed, he knows i love him so never feels jealous.
    Actually thinking back he did show some jealousy towards the lover i had before him - i think because i actually had been with him. I must admit it did feel a little nice that he was jealous although he had no reason to be.
    Other than that i can't recall him having jealousy at all. I think it's a good thing, shows he is secure in our relationship and trusts me so has no need to be jealous.

Guest Guest
    Yeah that's girls though but guys aren't like that? They're too breezy and I think they feel flattered or more 'alpha male' if guys check us out, cause its like saying yeah she's good looking isnt she, shes mine lol Unlike us we'd snap at the *****. But if the guy overstepped it thats when they'd get angry iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd tell him to get a grip, I CBF with jealousy.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (16-04-2012),trishalishous  (15-04-2012),wilding  (16-04-2012)