+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone else felt this way too?

Does anyone here feel angrier when the people who have always treated you bad suddenly start being nice to you?? This is how I've been feeling all day today and it irritates me though I don't know why I'm so angry. Sorry this may be a long vent but it's worth mentioning if there is at least someone out there who knows what I'm feeling. In the early years of my marriage I was constantly being talked about by my in- laws especially the MIL and treated like crap. Anyways, to fast forward, I blocked her out of my emotions so she can never hurt me again and today at a family function, she was all in my face being the nicest person and I couldn't block or avoid her. On coming home, I felt extremely angry and was telling DH about it and he didn't have any answers.. Am I being childish? Or just over reacting? I really hate the fact that it's getting to me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think it would make me angry too, I would not know if she was genuine or just putting on a show for the family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have a good point. I just hope im not going crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm really sorry to be completely off topic but every time I see a post from BigRedV I literally snort / laugh out loud. Your username is absolutely hilarious.

Apologies OP - to respond with something of relevance. Yes definitely I'd feel angry. I would feel that person was being completely false, manipulative or condescending. It sounds as if you may be better to cut ties with said person/people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    I'm really sorry to be completely off topic but every time I see a post from BigRedV I literally snort / laugh out loud. Your username is absolutely hilarious.

Apologies OP - to respond with something of relevance. Yes definitely I'd feel angry. I would feel that person was being completely false, manipulative or condescending. It sounds as if you may be better to cut ties with said person/people.
    LOL - it's actually named after my football team, not a part of my anatomy Might be time for a name change

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (16-04-2012)

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    LOL - it's actually named after my football team, not a part of my anatomy Might be time for a name change
    You need to put your team avatar back up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Oh please don't change. It's a fabulous name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies guys, I feel so much better now after realizing that could well be the reason for the sudden change.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi sini, I think it is important to always be aware of how you are feeling. If you are feeling anger, look for a reason why. Is it just because this is a different side of the MIL, one you havent seen before, or is just false behaviour on her part. Was MIL putting on a 'show' for the rest of the family gathering. ?? You are probably wise to cut her out from your emotional life, she seems to be able to get under your skin easily. good luck, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    it would make be very suspicious....and that would leave me feeling unsure and angry.

I hope things improve for you