+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Shorter cycles on DHEA?

Hey ladies!

Ever since I started DHEA at the end of Decemeber my cycles have only been aprox. 22-24 days long. I started off on 25mg dose twice a day, but this last month my FS had moved my dose to only once a day as I have been on it for over 3 months now.
    Before starting the dhea my periods were irregular but usually at least 30 day or more wait between periods. (When I was younger during high school years I had perfect periods, exactly 28 days and always on time, this changed after I lost too much weight and lead a stessful lifestyle between 18 - 20 yrs old).

Anyway, I read online that if you have a shorter cycle it means that your egg quality is most likely poor....doesn't this then defeat the whole purpose of the DHEA?! I am so confused!
    I have not had any side effects from the dhea that I have noticed much, except I was starting to break out a bit just before my dose was lowered but that seems to have stopped now.
    The one thing it has done for me is make cycles regular, I can now almost predict the exact day AF will arrive, which I wasn't able to do beforehand.

Has anyone else experienced shorter cycles while on Dhea? Do you think it is something to worry about? I really don't want it to be having the reverse effect that it's meant to be having, I am due to do DIUI this month after a 5 month break from any fertility treatment. Keeping everything crossed that the Dhea is going to help me this cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been taking bcp since starting dhea so can't really help, sorry. But I have noticed my AF is a lot lighter.