+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What baby stuff have you/would you/ should you have kept?

So I have been going through all the newborn things that I have sort of just thrown in the spare room and I have no idea what to put away and what to get rid of. I'm not planning another baby for at least 5 years so most clothes etc I am donating to someone I know who looks after foster babies. But just wondering what everyone else has kept or wish they had kept?

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've kept:

The growsuit DS came home in (even though it still has a spew stain on it lol)

The beanie that the hospital gave us to put on him when he was born because someone took the time and effort to knit it and dozens like it for newborns with parents who were silly enough not to think of that (LIKE ME! Lmao)

The beanie that my sister gave him from a mittens and beanie set. I lost the mittens

A growsuit that my bestie gave me for him because it's adorable and very unisex so will be used by our next bub too.

That's it. Everything else was handed down to friends who've had bubs since. Otherwise we've kept things like jolly jumpers etc, but all of the clothing has been recycled. I don't miss any of it, it was all non-descript growsuits and the like, so nothing particularly fascinating and I hate clutter .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only kept a few things for keepsakes, the only things I actually kept that will be reused is the portacot and car seats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have kept one newborn disposable nappy that shows me how small my babies were, and the outfit that both came home from hospital in.

So funny, the other day, I showed the outfit to my daughter and then went out to hang clothes on the line. She came out the back and had put it on. It is a size 0000 and my daughter is nearly 4.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I have kept the outfit she came home in complete. I kept a few items of clothing from each "stage" that I was able to make a scrap book out of and incorporated cut out parts of the clothing into that, a lot of stuff I kept I actually used in scrap book pages which minimized storage

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've kept DDs first outfit she wore in hospital, her pumpkin patch tiny prem suits and her naming day dress and a few dresses that I loved on her but she only wore once in the hope she may use them on her children. All the other clothes ( 00000 - 2) have been given to our brother in law and his wife but if they dont have a girl I'll get them back and sell them. We kept pretty much everything else except an electric swing and jolly jumper. We are about to have a boy in 9 weeks so very happy we kept so much. But once he has finished with things they will be sold or donated. I can't stand stuff cluttering up the house b

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kept all my baby stuff (washed them and then stored them in clothes bags in plastic tubs). We had our son 4 years later and re-used all the neutral things. Now that he's 18 months old, I'm sorting through all the baby/toddler clothes/blankets etc and getting ready to sell them at a Baby and Kids Market.
    I will always keep the blankets they were wrapped in straight after birth, the outfits they came home in, their Baptismal dress, what they wore on their first Christmas Day and what they wore for their First Birthday. Oh and the beautiful blankets that my mum made and embroidered for them and their first pair of shoes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subcribing!

I'm just putting all my DD's 0000 and 000 stuff away and trying to figure out what to keep!

There are a few things I want to keep but have no idea what to do with them. What have people done with suits beanies etc if they've kept them? Display or keep in a box somewhere?

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything, except what we never used {ugly clothes gifted or bought} and what was too badly stained to re-use.

We figured we wanted another bub sooner or later so we might as well save our money! We also bought up any cute cheap clothes we saw online or ins tores, put them in bags and stuffed them into the cupboard. Friends and family members gave us things that we tucked away and recently found: "Oh look, a set of 20 brand new NUK bottles. Excellent!"
    It was like Christmas

I recently went through them and sorted them into boy/girl boxes. We have 6 giant plastic tubs of clothes for each gender.
    I could support triplets until the first birthday in clothes without having to buy a single item.