+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    Definitely not because of the floods, SIL just got back from Fiji last week and said it's fine, even in Nadi it's ok - not great but ok. Our resort hasn't been affected at all.
    Guess you have no choice but to have a fabulous time! I really hope u do.

remember success is the best revenge

Don't want to bag out your husband but finding it hard to hold back!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Guess you have no choice but to have a fabulous time! I really hope u do.

remember success is the best revenge

Don't want to bag out your husband but finding it hard to hold back!!!!
    Go ahead and bag him out I don't care. Haven't been this hurt and p!ssed off in a very long time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you found out why?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Have you found out why?
    I haven't really talked to him but he said he never wanted to go and I talked him into it. This is not true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is your husband on drugs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like he is trying to upset you tbh. Cutting off his nose to spite his face so to speak. Go without him and have a fabulous time and he will be so so sorry he was so immature.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you honestly believe it would cause less problems to go by yourself rather than sister or friend then do it but I'd speak to your travel agent about setting up some security precautions to keep you and DS safe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    It sounds like he is trying to upset you tbh. Cutting off his nose to spite his face so to speak.
    I think you're onto something there...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea he sounds like he is trying to make you angry.
    Either that or he is very immature. Who on earth pays thousands of dollars and then doesn't go on a holiday. Even if you didnt want to go you still would rather then wasting so much money.
    And you want to go so that should be important to him next time you guys can go where he wants to go.
    It sounds very strange to me.
    Sorry to bag him out but he doesn't sound like he is all there.
    At least go spend time with your wife and son. Strange behaviour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know you're really angry with him but I really think you need to have a big, calm discussion about this. Ask him honestly why he doesn't want to go, why does he feel like he was talked into it, is there anything going on with him that you don't know about, has he been feeling depressed lately or like his life is out of control and he's trying to assert some control now, or is he just trying to make you angry? And if he is trying to hurt you, then why? What is going on with him?

And then after he's said his piece tell him how hurt you are that he wants to pull out, or is only going to go with a bad grace. And that its not fair on you or your son for him to put the trip in jeopardy at this late stage or threaten to sulk over it. And I'd tell him that if he's going to come, he needs to do it with a good grace and make an effort to enjoy himself and his family.

It seems like very odd behaviour to want to pull out of an expensive family trip for no other reason that 'doesn't feel like it and never did'. I'd be wondering if he's depressed or if there are other things going on. (Has he been on trips before? Is it fear of flying perhaps and he's too embarrassed to admit it?)

I should add - that if there really is nothing underlying other than he's genuinely trying to exert control over you and make you angry and he has a pattern of doing this, then that's seriously messed up and emotionally abusive and I would be thinking about how to safely leave the relationship.

And if he doesn't go - then I'd take your friend if that's who you want to go with. Its not your responsibility to keep your sister happy. She's an adult and should be happy that you have someone to support you.

Good luck. I can understand you being really upset about it.
    Last edited by MissMuppet; 16-04-2012 at 16:42.