+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default DH doesn't want to come to Fiji

So I'm soooo p!ssed. We've been planning our holiday to Fiji for months. We are due to go on the 7th of May. Last night DH says he doesn't want to go anymore and in fact never wanted to go, I talked him into it.

I very strongly feel I did not talk him into it and remember clearly the emails we sent each other at work deciding to go, but that doesn't matter anyway (on a side note, I've realised he's a terrible gaslighter, thanks to BH for alerting me to what gaslighting is).

We've paid $6k for this trip. It's a huuuuge amount of money for us. I don't know how much we'd get back if we cancelled but I reckon we'd lose at least $2-3k.

Wwyd? Im thinking about just going with DS myself but find the thought terrifying. Maybe asking a friend to go with me and paying for her and her dd (she is a single mum) or should I just cancel the whole thing? Or try taking DH into coming when he doesn't want to and will be a grumpy sh!t the whole time? I feel he doesn't even deserve to come anymore anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    that sucks! I would be so p!ssed off if DP did that to me. Do you have a close friend/sister/parent that would love to come? I'm sure you can get the ticket you've already paid for DH transferred into their name. I know it's not the same as having DH there, but it's better than being $2-3k out of pocket!

Can you talk to DH and find out WHY he doesn't want to go? Might be once you find out why, you'll have a better idea of how to talk him round it?

Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    As someone whose dh always cancels holidays I understand your frustration. Ask Him again if he is sure he doesn't want to go and invite a friend if he doesn't want to go. It would be such a shame if you lost money from canceling. I have missed so much from always doing what dh wants to do I would hate for you to regret not going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I'd be devo!!! I would put my foot down and say its already been paid and youre going!!! U poor thing!!what is his excuse??? Seems strange to not want to go on a holiday!! As someone else suggested, could u go with a friend or sister????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My partner will probably never go on holidays with me either. Nowhere he doesn't strictly want to visit anyway. I can't even talk him into going to the movies, no matter how much he wants to see the movie!

I'd go by myself if I were you. I've decided that just because DP is boring and hates doing anything that involves leaving the house, doesn't mean I should miss out. DD and I will be going camping, alone, at some stage because DP refuses to. I will absolutely go overseas without him too if that's what I have to do in order to go places I want to.

Go, and enjoy it. Maybe you can talk someone else into going in his place. Maybe you could find out how much you'd lose if you cancel his spot, and have a friend/family member pay the difference... so you get the same as you would if he cancelled, but they get a discount trip and thus you have someone to go with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siesmum View Post
    As someone whose dh always cancels holidays I understand your frustration. Ask Him again if he is sure he doesn't want to go and invite a friend if he doesn't want to go. It would be such a shame if you lost money from canceling. I have missed so much from always doing what dh wants to do I would hate for you to regret not going.
    I agree with siesmum.

If you talk to your DH again, tell him what you are considering doing and give him a couple of days to think it over. If he decides that he definitely does not want to go then invite the friend and go and have a great time.

You would have a better time with your friend then having your DH there is protest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Omg is be ropable! That's really selfish and also very irresponsible to "let" you book and pay a huge amount for a holiday that he never wanted to go on then just say "nup, not going" wow...

I would absolutely go! If you want to ask your friend then that would be great but no way would I waste the trip and lose all that money for nothing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What's wrong with him? How doesn't want to go on a holiday? I would kill for a holiday right now. He should have spoken up about the destination at the time if he didn't like it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (15-04-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hrm, I'd be making 1000% sure that he really didn't want to go (and by sure I mean, there is no POSSIBLE way he could complain about it later) and take my friend.
    You saved up for the holiday, you should go and enjoy yourself. Sure, you might be a bit angry that he should have been there with you but if he made that choice that's his choice. You can make the choice to go and enjoy yourself and give your friend a treat that she might otherwise not get .

Thanks
    Reviews
    hell no!
    i would take the kids and go by myself. probably have a better time without him tbh.....if he doesn't want to go he will just be a pain.
    i love travelling by myself and with the kids. you would be surprised how confident it will make you. and fijians LOVE kids - you will be surrounded by people who will happily help you out.