+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekie View Post
    It would be so amazingly helpful to all of us 'proper mums' out there, when I say that I mean the ones who look after their children. But realistically it is a stupid idea.
    What the??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekie View Post
    It would be so amazingly helpful to all of us 'proper mums' out there, when I say that I mean the ones who look after their children. But realistically it is a stupid idea.
    I hope you explain this post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    While as a SAHM I totally support our role being acknowledged, I do think 10k is too much. 5k is enough imo. I'm a bit surprised to see some saying the money should go to further increases in PPL. This payment even with tax is around 60+% more than the BB. Don't get me wrong, I support the nearly 10k for the PPL. But geez, I think that's enough...

and I'm thinking Neekie's comment is actually sarcastic towards SAHM's who think they are 'proper' mums over working mums. I don't know any SAHM that thinks that

Thanks
    Reviews
    How would everyone feel if instead of cash to be given, what if it was put straight into super of SAHM's? Would it then be a waste of government money?

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

CrazyJs  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh this is going to get interesting.

FWIW - if the budget were to allow for such an increase, I think perhaps a fairer spread of CCB & CCR would be more effective in encouraging those who want to return to work do so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdj1234 View Post
    How would everyone feel if instead of cash to be given, what if it was put straight into super of SAHM's? Would it then be a waste of government money?

I think that would be very progressive. I do think ftb part (?) whichever one is for one income families should stay as I believe it's probably helping a lot of women out there who are financially abused by their spouse.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

share a book  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I think that's a great idea, whether it can fit in the budget, I don't know, but I don't think so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think putting it into super is a BETTER idea than just handing out 10K, but I still think the money should instead be spent on education and health.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

CrazyJs  (15-04-2012),share a book  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Oh this is going to get interesting.

FWIW - if the budget were to allow for such an increase, I think perhaps a fairer spread of CCB & CCR would be more effective in encouraging those who want to return to work do so.
    So still only giving it to those who can work?
    I've been out of the work force for 6 yrs now and have at least 5 more years till I am likely to go back, and I doubt I'm going to have employers jumping to sign me up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So still only giving it to those who can work?
    I've been out of the work force for 6 yrs now and have at least 5 more years till I am likely to go back, and I doubt I'm going to have employers jumping to sign me up.

Im sorry but I don't understand what you're getting at?

I was referring to the high cost of child care being reduced. Not hand outs to individuals.