+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why not support families everywhere by lowering tax rates, adding hospital beds (so mothers can stay in hospital longer if they need help post delivery). Free or cheaper dental services for every Australian. Education...... Need I go on. Handing out an extra 5k won't encourage the right types of mothers to have more babies.... It will encourage the ones who have no thought of how do I care for this baby once the 10k runs out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

1CrazyMoose  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think its a bad idea. I mean $3bn over three years! Wow! I mean sure, if they want to give it to mothers, great. But perhaps they could have increased the parenting payment or something, that would benefit current mothers too, not just future new mums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm a SAHM and I think the 5k I got was amazing! 10k is a bit ridiculous.

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd love it. But I can think of better things to do with the money. I'd rather an up in my FTB that applies for all parents, not just SAHMs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just heard on the news that this senator is expressing an idea that will the government will deff not go through with!!!
    Thank goodness if that's true cause it's just down right stupid if they do !! I don't agree with it at all!! They will just dig the government deeper on debt if that's the case!! AND If they were gonna do this why would they just decrease to try and get back to surplus ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    if the baby bonus was increased, surely there would then need to be a roll-on effect of amendment / increase in the government paid parental leave...

regardless of needing to populate australia's aging population with young wipper snappers, 10k doesn't encourage me to have another baby, especially in sydney - we're going struggle enough as it is with just one :P
    Last edited by alufolie; 15-04-2012 at 17:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would support an increase in paid mat leave.. But yeah much the same as others have already said i wouldnt support a bigger baby bonus - it encourages further dependence of welfare... Mat leave allows a working parent to leave the workforce for 6-12 months then return if she so wishes. I believe mat leave should be proportionate to income, nit a blanket minimum wage... But anyhoo thats a but off topic!

Instead of upping baby bonus id rather see the maternity system improved... The re-opening of rural maternity units which have been recently closed, more birthing centres as opposed to hospitals, more publically funded homebirths and independent midwives on tgr medicare system to subsidise their cost. More midwives to.provide continuity of care. A real choice in healthcare for pregnant women.

How about provide a better and more satisfying experience in the maternity system if you want families to have more babies.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

Meags82  (15-04-2012),MsMummy  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just the government blowing hot air up our *** like normal. 10 grand for sahm what about REAL paid mat leave for working mothers and paid leave for more than two weeks for fathers? Over maybe getting the country out of debit first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LP+LR View Post
    It's just the government blowing hot air up our *** like normal. 10 grand for sahm what about REAL paid mat leave for working mothers and paid leave for more than two weeks for fathers? Over maybe getting the country out of debit first.
    Umm, it's not the government proposing this!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (16-04-2012),share a book  (15-04-2012)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    The idea is ridiculous! If you are a sahm you obviously don't need the money.
    Eek!

I think the very high costs of one or two or more children in care prevents a lot of women from returning to paid work.....not the fact that they don't need the money

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (15-04-2012),Benji  (15-04-2012),Luna Lovegood  (15-04-2012),misskittyfantastico  (15-04-2012)