+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I worked doing a freaking thankless job for 10 years before I had kids. So please save your 'never worked a day in their life' rhetoric for another thread.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (16-04-2012),The Fox  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I worked from the age 14 up until I had kids, what a silly thing to say.

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    hey! i worked before i had children! grr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Pardon me, I worked before I had DD!!! What a rude thing to say, I really hope that was just misunderstood comment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a really dumb way of trying to get votes from SAHMs... and I'm so glad that you ladies can see what a waste of money it would be.

By golly, is our country's financial situation not in enough trouble as it is?!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd have to agree that you can't win either way.

Things I've heard right on this forum about SAHMs:
    • it's not work (24/7 job with little sleep doesn't sound like a holiday to me)
    • just sits around all day (I wish my baby/toddler let me SIT for 5 minutes, even enjoy a HOT coffee would've been nice)
    • They can obviously afford to stay home (hmm, that's why so many haven't had a haircut so their kids can have one instead)
    • Not contributing to society (no, little people aren't a contribution at all, are they?)
    • Their poor husbands have been at work all day (hmm, yes and SAHMs with babies have probably barely slept in a week)

Working mums:
    • They're lucky they get holidays and sick leave (hmm, funny that because I consider my 'holidays' and 'sick days' to be doing what I used to when I was a SAHM)
    • They don't have to pack lunches (no, our kids are the ones at school with no lunches. of course)
    • They don't have to do much housework (I forgot, our laundry does itself and our kids are spotless)
    • They don't cook dinner (I don't know what that hour every evening is for me clanging around with pots and pans)
    • They don't raise their kids themselves (I forgot, all children of SAHMs are homeschooled and don't attend child care)
    • They're lucky because they get to drive alone to work (I'm not sure who that kid in the back is who keeps talking then! And peak hour traffic is FUN)
    • They get a break when they go to work (yippeeeeee!!!)
    • They only work for lifestyle (if being able to afford housing and food then yes, I absolutely do it for the lifestyle of not being homeless and hungry)
    • They actually get more from the govt when you consider the CCR (oh, so the fact that we lost FTB and pay tax counts for nothing? As well as assisting a company/service?)

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (16-04-2012),delirium  (16-04-2012),kw123  (16-04-2012),madreader  (16-04-2012),share a book  (16-04-2012),shelle65  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper

As for the sahm's getting defensive about sahm mums getting no respect etc because people are generally not supporting an increase in BB... That is not what we are saying at all... This thread has not been derogatory towards sahms at all, imo.
    So ppl saying that those who would get the bonus only spend it on frivolous crap isn't derogatory? Yes there may be some who are not great with their finances, who would fritter it away, but there are many ppl who wouldn't.

And what gives anyone the right to have a say at how ppl spend their money anyway? No one ever questions the financial responsibility of those on PPL, but the minute you stop working you become brain dead and spend money frivolously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think people assume it will be paid in a lump sum? That's the feeling I get.

PPL isn't paid in a lump sum. It's less than the earner's wage generally paid over 18 weeks.

I get the feeling people think the $10k BB would be paid in a lump sum. Not sure I'd support that (I don't get any lump sums from work) and it did cause problems when it was being paid in huge lump sums but I'd support it being paid over 18 weeks (if it were taxed, I don't think it'd be fair that the BB is more than PPL to be completely honest). I'd hugely support it going into SAHMs superannuation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I'd have to agree that you can't win either way.

Things I've heard right on this forum about SAHMs:
    • it's not work (24/7 job with little sleep doesn't sound like a holiday to me)
    • just sits around all day (I wish my baby/toddler let me SIT for 5 minutes, even enjoy a HOT coffee would've been nice)
    • They can obviously afford to stay home (hmm, that's why so many haven't had a haircut so their kids can have one instead)
    • Not contributing to society (no, little people aren't a contribution at all, are they?)
    • Their poor husbands have been at work all day (hmm, yes and SAHMs with babies have probably barely slept in a week)

Working mums:
    • They're lucky they get holidays and sick leave (hmm, funny that because I consider my 'holidays' and 'sick days' to be doing what I used to when I was a SAHM)
    • They don't have to pack lunches (no, our kids are the ones at school with no lunches. of course)
    • They don't have to do much housework (I forgot, our laundry does itself and our kids are spotless)
    • They don't cook dinner (I don't know what that hour every evening is for me clanging around with pots and pans)
    • They don't raise their kids themselves (I forgot, all children of SAHMs are homeschooled and don't attend child care)
    • They're lucky because they get to drive alone to work (I'm not sure who that kid in the back is who keeps talking then! And peak hour traffic is FUN)
    • They get a break when they go to work (yippeeeeee!!!)
    • They only work for lifestyle (if being able to afford housing and food then yes, I absolutely do it for the lifestyle of not being homeless and hungry)
    • They actually get more from the govt when you consider the CCR (oh, so the fact that we lost FTB and pay tax counts for nothing? As well as assisting a company/service?)
    Oh Benji - you're my new favourite hubber!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

Benji  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill View Post
    This is a really dumb way of trying to get votes from SAHMs... and I'm so glad that you ladies can see what a waste of money it would be.

By golly, is our country's financial situation not in enough trouble as it is?!!!!
    I don't see giving any money to parents as a waste of money. It gets put back into the economy and keeps it running.
    I don't think it would ever happen to be honest, and truthfully I'm shocked at the liberal party's proposed ppl increase because it isn't something that will help with our country's debt. Yes it is good social reform, but not something our country can afford at present.

I am just happy to have the national party acknowledging that SAHMs are important to the country, as everyone else pushes us under the rug as lazy, rich or leeches on society.