+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am another who doesn't think the 2.5 togs and their recommended clothing is enough.

With DS I now use a 3.5 tog Ergopouch sleeping bag. The size is quite generous (he's currently using a 12-36 month one). They are around the $60 mark and the colour choices are really lame but they seem so much warmer than the grobag ones.

On really cold nights I have the thermostat on the column heater set so his room doesn't dip to below 18 degrees. Under his sleeping bag I have him wear a singlet, flanelette pyjamas and socks. On really cold nights instead of a singlet I put him in a long sleeve onsie.

I've tried in the past to put a blanket on him once he's asleep but with all the tossing and turning he does it's really quite pointless. (Makes me feel better though )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If any one you want to try a sleeping bag, please don't fork out the ridiculous amount of $80,- for a Grobag. Slumbersacs are exactly the same (same materials used, same designs etc), but are so much cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/380384790543

If you check out that seller store, you'll find heaps more and postage is cheap as chips. They do combined postage as well. This is where I bought my bags from and DS (who is well over 1m tall), still fits in the 12-36 month size.
    They are so cute and it's a shame that DS wont use them anymore. It hurts having to sell them

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

Mill  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For those looking at buying a sleeping bag, please look at the Slumbersacs first before you spend $80,- on a Grobag.
    Slumbersacs are EXACTLY the same as Grobags but only cost around $30,-. They are made of the same materials and filling, have the same sizing, also come with the room thermometers, have heaps of cute prints, same design, etc.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/380384790543

This seller has lots more other colours and prints in their ebay store. This is where I bought DS's bags from and postage is cheap as chips. They also offer combined postage. (I also got him a Sophie the Giraffe from this shop for half the Aussie price lol).

DS (who is 1.09m tall) still fits in the 12-36 months sized bags and is now 24 months old. It's a shame he wont wear them anymore. They are just soooo cute! It hurts having to sell them

Thanks
    Reviews
    eBay is the best! It's where I buy all my bub's clothes.
    No brand new grobags here! They are so ridiculously expensive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a fan of slumbersacs as well. Wash and wear really well. Won't pay for a Growbag anymore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thanks I'll have a look at the slumber sack and the ergo pouch as soon as we have the internet up and running again. I started DS off without a blanket last. Ight and he woke twice within 1-1/2 hrs so I popped a blanket on him and he slept well the rest of the night