+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help with sleeping bags

Hi all
    So last night I had a shocker of a night with DS I think there is a couple of issues going on but this one was a little concerning. He woke every hour etc but he constantly felt cold, he was in a body suit and a wonder suit with a 2.5 tog sleeping bag (mummas and puppas), the heater I later turned up to 21deg, then even later I popped a blanket on him. It's the first time I have found that I couldn't get him warm, he was cold all over, back, chest legs and arms (including shoulder)
    Has anyone experienced this before?
    Do you he he may be coming down with something?
    I also developed a cold over night but I was quite warm, he ended up sleeping with me in an upwright position on the couch and appeared to get warm by my body heat.
    Any advice welcomed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Subscribing.

I sometimes find it hard to get it right with the sleeping bags too. I've got Gro Bags and I reckon the guidelines for them are a bit inaccurate. Like if I dress DD according to the Gro Bag temperature guidelines, she wakes up cold. And I don't think the 2.5 tog bags are warm enough, DD seems to need so much more clothing than they recommend.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Cluky79  (15-04-2012),giggle berry  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS's room has been 18 degrees these last few nights. I dress him in a short sleeve onesie, long pants, a long sleeved top, long sleeved pyjama top and a jumper. He is also in a 2.5 grobag.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Cluky79  (15-04-2012)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never thought that sleeping bags are enough. I always put one or two blankets over the top of a sleeping bag. As much as I dislike Dizzy Hall (SOS), her recommendations on how warm babies need to be to sleep long stretches makes sense to me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to threechooks For This Useful Post:

Cluky79  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has been in sleepingbags since 4 months old and only recently stopped wanting to use them. He's now 2,5.
    I used to have him in a fleece sleepsuit with a 2,5TOG bag in a room that was 18-21 degrees. He slept just fine.
    Blankets were no use for him as he was/is a tosser and turner and just kicks them off, that is why I used the bags in the first place.

I have only used Slumbersacs (similar to Grobag but 40% cheaper) and they came with the cards that have the thermometer on it. Again, same as the Grobags. They also come with the nursery thermometer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

Cluky79  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone I'm glad that there are others that use blankets or put more clothing than recommended on too, all three of us have woken with colds so I think it that was part of the sleeping problem as well as teething and him being way over tired (totally my fault with that one poor bubs)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish DS would keep a blanket on. I'm worried about this winter. It's going to be hard to keep him warm = (

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD's room has always been cold, colder than the rest of the house for some reason. So she's always in a 2.5 grobag (unless it's 30+ degrees), with long sleeve pj's and 4 thin cotton blankets on top.

She's never woken up sweating or even hot, so I feel that this is just right for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had the same problem during this week, one night dd was waking every 2 hours from the cold. She was dressed in a vest and wondersuit and a swaddle suit and ended up putting two blankets on her as well.

I have a heater in her room now for when it get cold again. I am borrowing a grobag to see what they're like too. Am subscribing for more advice!

Sent from my LT15i

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the risk of having the sids book thrown at me, I really think that there is no way a grobag is enough for a baby.
    They just seem so thin and we sleep with big thick doonas!
    But that's just my opinion...I don't put a doona on dd though. Just layer cotton blankets so i can easily make it cooler for her.