+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was probably 12 when I had my first drink
    Starting drinking regularly at 15 and now at 23 I don't really drink maybe 4 times a year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wasn't allowed to drink even a sip. Even when legally able at 18 my mother still did not approve of even one glass. I blame her over the top strictness for years of alcohol abuse. Something I wasn't allowed became all so much more desirable. I started drinking at parties at 15/16. I will allow my kids to have a sip/try wine or beer at 15/16, however won't be giving them a glass at dinner etc. I don't think kids actually like the taste of booze, they do it because they think it is 'cool' and adult like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    13 maybe? Can't remember. Got smashed at 14. It was dark day the next day! Was going to pubs etc by 17. All my friends are drinkers tbh. I have no issue with this. We are all successful, happy, hard working people. But we do like a tipple.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    13? It was year 9..got plastered every day on the way to school also drank in class as Gothchick said..to block out the pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was 15 the first time u got drunk, my mum let me after my dads funeral but i had been having sips of grandpas beer for as long as I can remember

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When we were kids (8+?) we were allowed Irish Coffees and a nip of Baileys Irish Cream at my grandparents. We felt so grown up.

I now don't drink at all and haven't since I was 25, whereas my siblings all drink and a few to extreme excess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gothchick that's awful

I was 13 when I started drinking with friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was probably eleven, maybe ten, when I was given a shandy (a glass of lemonade with a splash of beer in it) when I parents had guests over who were drinking.

Other than that I may have had the occasional sip to taste something but that is all.

I used fake ID to get into nightclubs from 14yo, but never drank alcohol there - not even a sip.

I went out to a nightclub for my eighteenth birthday and had my first proper drink then - scotch. At 18yo, I would drink regularly (weekends) with friends but would only sip one or two drinks all night and never got drunk.

The first time I got drunk was at 19yo when my boyfriend decided he wasn't drinking for the night, so when I had had enough to drink I couldn't palm the rest off on my boyfriend - thus silly me skulled it to get rid of it .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have been about 8 when I was allowed to sip Dads cider and try mums wine. When my dad moved out when I was about 13 I started drinking alot more. My mum is an alcoholic and would get me to pour her wine and give myself a glass. Maybe it made her feel less guilty about drinking in front of me. She would always let me try different alcohols. Underage drinking was very common in my area though, every weekend there would be a different party on and the parents whose house it was at never had a problem with the 14 year olds drinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If we are talking tastes, I have a photo of me as a toddler having a sip of my dads beer. It was a regular occurrence when they have BBQs.
    As for my first actual drink, I was 13.