+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Im pregnant!

Hi ladies,
    I've just done a pregnancy test and found out it's positive, I had a feeling it would be but was hopefull it would come back negative....This will be my third child and I've had complications with both previous births and I'm really scared this one could go horribly wrong. Oh god I guess Im in shock and so is my partner, we were only using comdoms. I don't know what to do, I can't not have this baby but everything is going to be so much harder now. I just gave all my baby stuff away to another member of the family so will completely have to start again, plus get a bigger car. I feel terrible that Im not happy about this...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too have had very complicated pregnancies and births, spend a lot of time in hospital. Because of your history you will be closely watched, and well looked after. I have a holden Astra with slimline Safe n sound seats & I fit 3 so you wont necciasarly have to get a new car. As for baby items, you have plenty of time & I am sure other people will help you out. Have a baby shower ;-) If you have only just found out, because it was a suprise im sure its quite normal to feel shocked. Give yourself time ... You have 9 months to get used to it Everything will fall into place, dont worry x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lauraLu For This Useful Post:

mixinitup  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly Congrats!!! I think it only natural that we think and worry about alot of the practical things. I'm expecting twins and all those things definently went thru my head before I was excited!!
    How old are your other children?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaG23 For This Useful Post:

mixinitup  (15-04-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi
    Just remember that every pregnancy is different. My mum had placenta previa with her first son, miscarried due to complications with twins and then went on to have 4 of us.
    As for starting over, many people have to do the same, including me. There's a big age gap between mine and we had absolutely nothing this time around after so many years we gave stuff away etc. But you have 9 months to slowly get organised.. use layby and purchase the main things and make a list of the odds and ends to buy throughout. We're living in a 2 bedroom house at the moment and will have to move as well, but I ddin't want the hassle during my pregnancy so will move out when the baby is old enough for her own room. I also had no license and really wanted one this time around, so I had to get that (and I did, after sitting on my L's for 10 years !!)
    There were heaps of challenges and changes involved, but I stayed positive and everything has fallen into place so and I couldn't be happier.
    Don't forget, eveything happens for a reason (I believe, anyway) and things will work out.
    If you're just focusing on the negative side of things everything is bound to look bleak.
    Hope things get better for you. Good luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

mixinitup  (15-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lauraLu View Post
    I too have had very complicated pregnancies and births, spend a lot of time in hospital. Because of your history you will be closely watched, and well looked after. I have a holden Astra with slimline Safe n sound seats & I fit 3 so you wont necciasarly have to get a new car. As for baby items, you have plenty of time & I am sure other people will help you out. Have a baby shower ;-) If you have only just found out, because it was a suprise im sure its quite normal to feel shocked. Give yourself time ... You have 9 months to get used to it Everything will fall into place, dont worry x
    Thanks for your kind words. I think I do need time to get this around my head and Im sure Im not the first one to experiance this.

Quote Originally Posted by MummaG23 View Post
    Firstly Congrats!!! I think it only natural that we think and worry about alot of the practical things. I'm expecting twins and all those things definently went thru my head before I was excited!!
    How old are your other children?
    Thankyou MummaG23. My boys are 6 and 2. I'm studying atm and was planning on going back to part time work next year but that will be on the back burner now. I guess Im just worried about how this baby will effect our 5 year plan and what we were aiming to achieve within that time. It's our own fault we should have been more careful and in no way do I put blame on this baby. Im sure in time everything will sort itself out and whats meant to be will be, but for now I just feel miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    Hi
    Just remember that every pregnancy is different. My mum had placenta previa with her first son, miscarried due to complications with twins and then went on to have 4 of us.
    As for starting over, many people have to do the same, including me. There's a big age gap between mine and we had absolutely nothing this time around after so many years we gave stuff away etc. But you have 9 months to slowly get organised.. use layby and purchase the main things and make a list of the odds and ends to buy throughout. We're living in a 2 bedroom house at the moment and will have to move as well, but I ddin't want the hassle during my pregnancy so will move out when the baby is old enough for her own room. I also had no license and really wanted one this time around, so I had to get that (and I did, after sitting on my L's for 10 years !!)
    There were heaps of challenges and changes involved, but I stayed positive and everything has fallen into place so and I couldn't be happier.
    Don't forget, eveything happens for a reason (I believe, anyway) and things will work out.
    If you're just focusing on the negative side of things everything is bound to look bleak.
    Hope things get better for you. Good luck.
    Thankyou for your wise words, usually I am so positive and I know what your saying I just can't help how I feel atm. I know I should be thankful for being able to concieve a child and hopefully have a healthy baby as other's can't or don't. I just feel like Im swimming under water and can't break through the surface. Hopefully things will be better when I go see my doctor on wednesday and have a chat to him about everything.